New from Bama

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

33ChevyBoy

Hello my name is Chris I'm 22 from Alabama. I'm new to all of this, I just went to Cali and picked up a 1933 Chevy 5 window coupe, My uncle gave the car to me. Now all I have is a bare frame and a shell for a body, but hey its mine and I couldn't be happier. I hope to learn how to build and enjoy this car, so if I seem to have a lot of stupid questions I'm sorry.

site

welcome to the site chris! stupid questions? naw (cept the ones we dont know the answers to anyway) ask away there are alot of build threads here and alot of great guys to help too! BUT remember our golden rule for every question you ask you have to post a pic of ur project! lol! again welcome! dp1

Hello my name is Chris I'm 22 from Alabama. I'm new to all of this, I just went to Cali and picked up a 1933 Chevy 5 window coupe, My uncle gave the car to me. Now all I have is a bare frame and a shell for a body, but hey its mine and I couldn't be happier. I hope to learn how to build and enjoy this car, so if I seem to have a lot of stupid questions I'm sorry.

Chevyboy,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. You gots a kool Uncle & a kool car too. Be sure to post some pictures for us... we'd love to see 'um! As for stupid questions... bring 'um on... we've got plenty of stupid answers!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Welcome to RRR!

Yep, you mention it, ya gotta show a picture of it - them's the rules.

Hey, Stupid is my first name - at least if you ask my wife. My middle name will get censored....:D

Thanks for the welcome, I'll get pics of it up tomorrow along with a lot of questions. LOL

The car was my grandpas he bought it back in the 50's and before my uncle let it go to anyone I got it, just wanna make sure it stays in the family. He died before he could build it and I wanna build like he never got to.

welcome to the site! and has anyone mentioned yet we like pics!?;):D
and gastrick is right alot of wood in those old chevy's ..
Streetrodder magazine has been doing some articles lately on replacing the wood in those old cars-ya might want to check 'em out

Welcome to your new home away from home, at home, or at work.
Somewhere in the pages of RRR are the answers to all your questions, and the biggest mysteries of life solved. All this can be yours, for the mere price of posting a few pictures.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome Chevyboy! Looks like you're getting a good welcome from the gang. I'll just pitch in that family heirloom projects are the best because they seem to transcend time. We will all do our best to help you out, we know your grandpa would be proud of you. :)

Thanks,

Well like I said all I have to it is a body "shell", a bare frame, the doors, and grill. I'll be trying to make most of the stuff I can myself, like floor pans, dash and every thing I can get away doing and since there is no wood in the car I just gotta find out how to go back with metal instead. My biggest thing right now is getting and knowing what parts work to get my frame rolling, then I'm going to work up from there. Here are the pics I said I would get. My dad and I are in the process of building a shop to put the coupe in along with r drag car, so until we get the shop framed up I just try and keep her covered up. anyway tell me what you think. :D

I know I have a long way to go, but its all good, she is worth it to me.

l_1d2320ac66a34a3abfe3bc7570d1d24e.jpg

l_b2e3e26a82504ef493e8e94c985e8c98.jpg

l_948bdf0d5ec54d579f9aa2e1b1969c0e.jpg

l_c6c3d110e3524f2cbb59c8175803fc87.jpg

I will once we finish r shop and I have a place to work on her, but the problem I have right now is I don't know what kind of front end to put under her, wat do yall recommend?

Thanks,
Chris

Welcome to the site ChevyBoy Nice project! .. I'm in mobile not to far away

Welcome to RRR, ChevyBoy. Nice solid looking body & frame. No matter how you do it, grandpa's gotta be smilin' knowing his ride's staying in the family.:cool:

Latest posts

Back