New from SE PA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baspinall

Well I just sold my 57 Nomad and jumped in the Model A world.
Bought a 29 Coupe. I already had a 283 & TH350 so that will go in for now. Budget car for sure. Here is a couple pic's. I am sure I will have questions.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0002 (2).jpg
    DSC_0002 (2).jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0057 (2).jpg
    DSC_0057 (2).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 20
That's a pretty good start. One thing I am noticing is the spring shackle mounts on the rear end. They are not going to work in the current configuration. The shackles need to be at 45 degrees under load for proper spring movement. The mounts will need to be moved farther apart on the axle housing to facilitate that. The way they are installed now the spring is already bottomed out. It will not only ride incredibly rough, eventually it will stress to the point that something breaks. Just a quick observation, hope it helps and saves some headache down the road. Welcome to the world of hot rods and early Ford suspension! [ddev

Thanks for the good eye. What is the standard distance between the mounts on the axle? From what I gather I would have to bump these mounts outward an inch or two on either side, correct?

Latest posts

Back