New guy from northern Kentucky

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebstew

How's it going? My name is Steve Stewart and I'm the President of the Scroungers Car Club. We have chapters in Ky and Ohio. I happened across this site and it seems to have some good info and I hope I may be able to help out and get some help with some hot rod questions. My Daily driver is a rough but in the works, daily driven 34 Dodge sedan. 350/350 Chevy with a Ford rearend, 4" chop and no fenders.Yes it is a mutt!. My project I'm working on is a 36 Chevy truck. well 35,36,37 you get the point.. lol. It is a rust bucket that should be able to blow some doors off when I get finished with it. I'm in a traditional car club but I like anything with a steering wheel or handle bars. I have a Drifter Scooter I ride in the summer and still own the same car I had when I was 16. (GULP.. Trans Am) so yeah I like anything with wheels. anyone local???

im just across the river and west of newport, up on the hill from the Anderson Ferry, i cant be more than 20 minutes from you, depending where you are in newport

Ron

Welcome to RRR!

Stew,
Welcome to RRR, great place to hang out! Let us see some pictures when you get a chance!

ISore

metalmaster I'm on the west side of Newport. you or any locals should stop over and hang out if you get a chance. the club is always doing grillouts and or hitting the local shows in the summer. we are getting together here 2-3-08 for pizza and to watch some old hotrod movies, stop by if you want. 317 Lindsey St. Newport Ky 41071.
chopper tom I have a good friend that grew up in whiteburg. Ray Hall. do ya know any Halls? my kin are all from Clay County Ky too. That's not to far from you. I don't make it down there much anymore. 1 or 2 times every couple of years.
eyeball ask and you shall receive.
If you are local you may have seen me in this 61 Bel Air. I had it about 3 years. I have 3 kids plus the ol' lady and needed a 4 door so this was bought, built and drove the wheels off her. it was a true daily driver that went through rain, snow, and alot of hot days. I racked up a lot of miles gong to shows, cruise ins and vacations. I even pulled in a few trophies with it. not bad for a home built, 4 door beater. I traded it off for my 34 this last summer.
HPIM1596.jpg

I was looking for a model A and came across this 34 Dodge. I'm a big guy and thought that the Dodge may fit me better than an A(or I may fit in the Dodge better I should say) The 34 is a 50's early 60's? hot rod from back in the day. while welding the roof insert up I found where the top was chopped and filled with lead and another spot where I guess they chopped it down even more later in it's life. they use bondo to smooth out their work there. I also found what was left of a french antenna. I tried to track the history of the car but hit a dead end. anyone know anything about this Dodge? I popped the 350 that was in it and I'm in the middle of building another engine for it now.
Picture027.jpg

Then there's my 36 truck I'm working on. it has a built to the hilt 454 big cam 3500 stall too much to list. let's just say it should be real fast. I posted my build log on here so if you want to check out my progress hit that thread.
Picture442.jpg

I have a few more toys that are on the back burner till I get around to them too. early 50's Rambler shown below that I'm going to fix for my wife to drive, 51 Chevy full blown Kustom and a model A cowl that I'm hoping to turn into a roadster pick up one day.
HPIM1088.jpg

sorry so long guys. can you tell I like cars.lol

Last edited:
Rebstew, i have plan on the 3rd, but hey thanks for the invite, im having transportation problems at the moment, but when i get that solved i may stop by one day
im in Delhi, a good friend of mine has a friend in newport, he and his dad have a bunch of hot rods, i cant remember for sure, but i think his name is mark (probly wrong) i do know he is a knife maker/collector, i'll find out his name for sure

Ron

Welcome to RRR, rebstew ! You got some cool & different stuff. I'll be sure to check out your build thread. I'm not real close but a Kentuckian too. I'm down in E-Town near Ft. Knox.

I have a friend with a 59 rambler wagon and he needs some new taillights ?
Do you guys have any idea where he can find some???

Latest posts

Back