new here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slydog1

hey everyone, new here. From the great state of Idaho. mainly a reader. Daily driver is a 53 GMC 5 window 1956 stovebolt 6 with offy double duce intake with 2 stormbergs and twice pipes..... Building a 38 ford fenderless pu (Rudy style) power plant is a 65 289 K block. need a top loader or a t-10 tranny....... love my rods

they call me Sly

Welcome Sly...ya got some cool rides there. Post some pictures when you get a chance, we like pictures!!:)

Thanks for the welcome. I have been building rods a lot longer than I been on the puter.. Im tryin to get one of my kids to help me post some pic,s as I can't seem to smooth out the ruff spots....lol But Im workin on it.

My wife drives a 64 1/2 mustang vert , 289 w/pony pack and rally pack its clean but needs paint.

I just found a 29 chevy complete and am trying to talk the guy down just a little. Its real rough and needs alot of internal wood wrk and I realy hate doing that, so if I talk him down maybe ill talk myself into it.....lol

My 38 is about to the1/2 way point and am tryin to get things like upolstry on the bomber seats going now so im not waiting on it later. Im one of them guys that when I get one done or close to it I gotta drive the dang things.

dmw56,
how long have you been gone from Idaho? Boise , kuna, nampa and middlton are all one big blob now, not much country left in the valley, I miss the smell of mint growing most of all. Its a smell that burns its self into the deepest parts of your brain. Yes its a great state and Im glad I have been blessed to growup and raise my family here. 3 kids, 6 1/2 grandchildren and no sign of crop failure...lol Must be the dirt, water or the clean air but who knows.

Im proud to live in Idaho and glad the rest of the world has'nt found it and messed it up yet...........lol

I will try to get them pics up asap......

sly

I moved away a long time ago in 1970. My grandmother lived there until 1990 when she passed away so we went back frequently until then. Last time I was there was 2002 and yes like you said It's all on big Metro area now. My dad had a farm out on 10 Mile Road in Kuna in the the 60's then moved to Meridian.

Its a small world ,,, I spend a little time in NM in the winter huntin coyotes by los cruses , I prolly miss spelled that,, lol on the white sands missle range. IM STILL TRYIN TO GET MY PREGO DAUGHTER to help me with the pics......

well guys my sooper smart kids, you know, the ones who think ol'dads dummer than dirt.. the collectivly can't figure out how to post photo's so Im back to ground zero... but Im working on it

sly

It is a test..... biggest problem is usually pictures sized too big. Re-size and try again, or use PhotoBucket(.com), or another photo site, and bring the pictures over here from there.

well guys my sooper smart kids, you know, the ones who think ol'dads dummer than dirt.. the collectivly can't figure out how to post photo's so Im back to ground zero... but Im working on it

sly

On the post sceen, did you scroll down and use the 'Manage attachmebts' button. A lot of ppl miss that stuff down there. We need pictures!

Ok guys, Just got back from Saturday Night Cruse at the local burger joint here in Boise... had over a 100 cars parked or driving through all night....That place was hoppin.more than 240 people. Even had a live local band, playing 50's and early 60's music. There were some cool rides there... 2 T-buckets some highboys , a few model-A sedans and a plethera of rods. We even had a benz 40.s but the show stopper was a 46 ford delivery with a flatti v8 and a blower all offy'ed out and sitten kinda low, just an awsome ride. Sure enjoy visiting with the older guys..... If ya just listen to'em they give their rod buildin,paintin,wrenchin and their experiance to the tables and give it to who ever wants to take the time to listen....all in all it was a cool , hot day in Boise. Good oldtime strawberry floats and just great people...

I know, back to the problem at hand... Im nowgoing to try photo bucket

Sly

its been a spell but im back

hey guys, been stripin cars , trucks, tool boxes and chicks to the point that I paint in my sleep. good news is that in my travels I find lots of good stuff. I just got a 40 ford pu that someone messed up the chop real bad but thats ok cuz Im buildin a roadster pu and puttin a 261 gmc straight 6 in it and man am I excited about this one.....
Also picked up a 1959 chevy apachie 31 with a numbers match motor for a grand and drove it on and off the trailer. It needs a little work but it is very clean and everything works.

I still aint figured out how to post pics but I have hard copy and would pay someone to post for me,,,, hint hint... I realy want to show you guys my rides, so if anyone wants to check out my 53 GMC you can go to http://hotrodhigh.zinfolio.com go to hotrodhigh's blog and scroll down to the section on the "Baron's CC" where you can see my little holli green 53 at one of the cruzes.

Thats all I got guys, sure wish I could post pics to speed up the process but till then this is my option.

hope everyone is well and bringin em back to life
sly
208 VH1-5554 just in case anyone can save me from stupid via cell phone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back