New old Man from Pendleton Ky. the SLT Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SLT Rat

I"m a old man looking to build a Rat Rod I can rust away with! I have scanned the site and you guys have done some fantastic work, hope to be able to maybe get to add my 2 cents worth if i can find 2 to rub together.
I was on face book and found this sight threw OLD TIN RODS, I like catching up with people on facebook but catching up on cars and trucks is more to my lik'n.
I have a passion for tubular and narrowed rearends and at least 21.5 or bigger rear tires on deep dish rims that you need a flashlight to see the lug nuts.[dr
Have a thought on building a bucket T with rusty tubing and inset rusted panels. I have done one complete tubular nova and a lot of back halves for cars and trucks. Not had a lot of experience with straight axles. Will need to pick some of your brains for some help in this area. I had a daily driver, 52 chevy pick up with 871 blower I built from a bus, it was mounted to the stock intake on the straight six cycl. the front was fenderless with stainless fabricated grill and tractor lights. The rear was tubbed with 21.5 mickies and 15" wide cragars this was in 1990 before Rat Rods Ruled. Been out of touch for a while but seeing OLD Tin Rods on face book started a spark to do something. Maybe with some help from this vast place of good ideals and great looking builds I can build something to rust away with thanks SLT Rat.[;)

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a plan starting,this place has lots of different ideas and builds to draw from. Keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome to RRR!

Hmmmm.... tube chassis....narrowed rear.....big MickeyT's....[S That sounds a lot like Bonehead's build! :D You might wanna check out his build thread: The Bonehead Build Classic low buck rat rod fun!

Post some pics of that 52 if you can - we'd all love to see it.

Welcome to the forum, glad u decided to come over to the rusted side of the fence! Make u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!

BoB

Truck in the raw form, added dual ford 2 blr carbs just to say i had started something. There is a story behind the dual carbs adapter plate, I was running a cnc milling machine and we was running aluminum plate stock to mill out holders for frozen dinner trays, they had 2 milled sauare holes for the dinner trays. A light come on! Them square holes looked like they were made for a ford 2 barrel carb would set rite over that hole. So naturally there became a scrap one! So I took 2 carbs to work and they set on there perfectly so there started my 2 bl intakes that would adapt to all motor intakes. I traded them I sold them best find I had in a long time. They were on v-8 straight six's even a volvo, I even mad one for three duces. You didn't have to change intakes just bolt the adpter on and you are ready to go. even made a high rise version.

Attachments

• dual carbs.jpg
    dual carbs.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 37
A frozen dinner tray for an engine intake?? But of course.....after all your feedin it!! I like the way you think. Welcome to the site.

Nothing like a new thing, billet tail lights, used them in the front for parking and turning sinals and in the rear, wow they look so good they even set off a stainles steel breather cover! I couldn't make enough of them, a nother good selling and trading item. What happen to the good old day's think they passed me up! lol

Attachments

• stainless grill shell.jpg
    stainless grill shell.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 29
Welcome to the forum. You are not far from me at all. I have property in Cold Springs, Ky right off AA highway and have family down in Bracken County. I may see ya around this summer at some cruise ins if you get out.

Thanks for all the welcomes,about the friendlyest bunch I've ran into. Here's few pic's of the frame.

Attachments

• moving rails in.jpg
    moving rails in.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 17
  • rails moved in.jpg
    rails moved in.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
  • rear end placement.jpg
    rear end placement.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 18
  • frame bed ready.jpg
    frame bed ready.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 19
The bed mounted up the way it was supose to. The next big thing and the best part of the build was mounting a 871 blower to a two barrel intake! the blower came off a comercial buss, It wasn't exactly configured for a chevy 6 cylinder. Had to make the end plates, idler, and snott. Ran the pulleys to get about a 30% under drive, since the motor was not built at all still stock. It was pushing a whooping 3 lb. boost. Not a lot but the belt whine running slow made up for it. Drawed alot of attention at the gas pumps even pulled a trailer load of hay with it, was just a good old blown tubbed farm truck.
You know its going to be a good day when you have to unstick the shifter linkage before breakfast. Doubt any of you have ever had a problem out on the road? LoL

Attachments

• scan0008.jpg
    scan0008.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 871 blower.jpg
    871 blower.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • scan0008 (2).jpg
    scan0008 (2).jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 871 blower 21.5 mickies.jpg
    871 blower 21.5 mickies.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 12
I"m a old man looking to build a Rat Rod I can rust away with! I have scanned the site and you guys have done some fantastic work, hope to be able to maybe get to add my 2 cents worth if i can find 2 to rub together.
I was on face book and found this sight threw OLD TIN RODS, I like catching up with people on facebook but catching up on cars and trucks is more to my lik'n.
I have a passion for tubular and narrowed rearends and at least 21.5 or bigger rear tires on deep dish rims that you need a flashlight to see the lug nuts.[dr
Have a thought on building a bucket T with rusty tubing and inset rusted panels. I have done one complete tubular nova and a lot of back halves for cars and trucks. Not had a lot of experience with straight axles. Will need to pick some of your brains for some help in this area. I had a daily driver, 52 chevy pick up with 871 blower I built from a bus, it was mounted to the stock intake on the straight six cycl. the front was fenderless with stainless fabricated grill and tractor lights. The rear was tubbed with 21.5 mickies and 15" wide cragars this was in 1990 before Rat Rods Ruled. Been out of touch for a while but seeing OLD Tin Rods on face book started a spark to do something. Maybe with some help from this vast place of good ideals and great looking builds I can build something to rust away with thanks SLT Rat.[;)

Sounds like a pretty mean ride! Good luck with the build brother..

Latest posts

Back