newb intro

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlbugs

hey all, i just found this place. very cool forum. here is my current project.

2268565680100599573S600x600Q85.jpg

100_3390.JPG

100_3391.JPG

100_3393.JPG

still working on it, just changed my mind on the headlights and swapped out the chrome ones for some 7" all black housing Dietz style lights. have some more wiring to do, and will be hitting the streets when the temperature cools down some

I saw your intro on KB,
Nobody is gonna get there panties in a bunch around here. We like all things "Hotrod", 1 cylender, V-twin on up to V-12.
Don't matter, we like um...

Welcome to RRR

Welcome. I went through a vw stage in my life. I had upwards of 40 of them. Their fun cars. Nobody was taking the fenders off back then. I like that look.

Welcome!

Carl,
Welcome to the forum & feel free to join rat in. Several bug guys around here so u'll b rat @ home. That is one ratty bug... I like it!!! Thanks for posting & glad u could make it over!!! Always loved luggage racks on bugs!!!

BoB

Cool bug dude!

Carlbug,
Cool bug and welcome to RRR. THink you'll like it here, lots of bug guys too!

ISore

Thanks to all!

I feel very welcome and rat at home. So no one would mind if i call my "custom vw" a "rat rod?" To me it is a rat. I saved it from going to the crusher to make it what it is. I feel it was a rat straight out the box. I didn't take a good car and paint it flat black or let it rust, paint the wheels red and call it a rat.
:p
I have recently cut my hair off and shaved. It was a deal I made with my fiance to get her to marry me at a vw show in Tenn. on oct 6th. How cool is that?

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR. As said above, we enjoy all things cool. So keep us updated, and call you car anything you want......... Yup, Rat Rod sounds about right to me. :D

roddguy

Last edited:
Fotos man... fotos!!!

I feel very welcome and rat at home. So no one would mind if i call my "custom vw" a "rat rod?" To me it is a rat. I saved it from going to the crusher to make it what it is. I feel it was a rat straight out the box. I didn't take a good car and paint it flat black or let it rust, paint the wheels red and call it a rat.

BugMan,
We don't care what u wanna call it as long as we can see plenty of pictures!!! ; - >

BoB

Last edited:
Welcome to RRR, Carlbugs. Call it what you wish. It's still a neat car. Just need some more pics.

I use to be a bug guy until it got stolen. Always liked them. Reliable and inexpensive. I've seen some cool looking bug rods. Heard Speedway had a dropped axle to replace the front torsion bar suspension. Might give it another try.

Recently traded my daily for this 28 A sedan!

Attachments

• received_989811501052913.jpeg
    received_989811501052913.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 10
  • received_989811111052952.jpeg
    received_989811111052952.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 13
Welcome to triple R

The sedan looks like a good driver [cl But, don't give up on the bug, bugs are good :D
A lot of old guys have had one or two over the rears. i bought one one in 1970 and had it until 2000 for one.
Like you both your cars [cl keep in touch.

Latest posts

Back