Newbie from South west MO.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentbob2

Just another new guy from the south west corner of MO. I have a few projects going on right now. Getting ready to restore as 46 chevy 1/2 ton and just brought home a 41 Chevy truck a couple of weeks ago for a rat project. In the middle of this, Im trying help my 15 year old son get his 69 GMC short bed going. Ive been into the fourwheel drives for about the last 10 years and Im ready to get back into the rods.

Here's a couple of pics.
This is the 46
n1491909025_30089397_4043593.jpg

The 46 is a combined build between me and my father inlaw. He has had the truck sitting in a barn for 30 year's. They rebuilt the motor before they parked it, I brought it home, the gas tank was trash so I cleaned out the carb, changed the oil and ran the fuel line in to a gas jug and it fired up with just a little tinkering. We plan on restore it close to original, he's footing the bill and Im footing the labor kinda thing...

Im not sure what direction Im going with the 41. My first plan was a rat but the more I think about it the more Im not sure. I don't want a fancy paint job but I don't want to leave it all rusty or satin black. My thoughts are to loose the front sheet metal and get it down on the ground with a small chop and Im thinking of keeping the flat bed but I will shorten it up and maybe narrow it.

Welcome looks like a couple of solid trucks whichever you do first be sure to keep us posted good luck. I know you've got you're own plans but if it were me I'd get that 46 running drop it a little and drive the hell out of it, I think it looks great the way it is.

I know you've got you're own plans but if it were me I'd get that 46 running drop it a little and drive the hell out of it, I think it looks great the way it is.

Those were my plans, but like I said. This is a partner build so it's kind of tuff to argue with the partner when he's footing the bill. For now the plan is to getting looking and running good. The brakes are new front to back and all the steering is new as well except for the gear box. It has the original 216 and three speed in it and I haven't got it over 40 mph yet. Hoping it handles a little better after we get some new shoes for it. The tires that are on it are an old set of bias plys I had on a trailer and they dont' ride vey good at all.. For now, we will do it his way and later on I will do it my way. Setting it down on the ground is the only thing I would really want to do to it.

welcome to the RRR-from northeast arkansas! as a matter of fact i'll be zipping thru mo. tomorrow...springfield and north:rolleyes:
i like he look of that 46 just like it is-that lettering is so cool....
great projects -

keep us posted & we'll try to keep ya encouraged!

HRP

So is there a SilentBob1 ?

Great stuff so far, I like the race pictures too. Your builds should be fun, and many of us have ties to the 4x4 world.
Welcome to the site.

Welcome!!!

SilentBob,
Welcome to the gang... glad u found us! Really nice trucks... please keep us updated!!!

BoB

As for the name. I used Silentbob as a online gamer name for years and used it on a jeep forum. For some reason my account locked up and the moderator couldn't fix it so I used silentbob2. I use the same now on many forums so I don't have to try and remember different log ins. My name is Robert, Rob, or Bob or whatever.... Anyway...

i like he look of that 46 just like it is-that lettering is so cool....
great projects -

My father inlaw ownes a Co-op and last December, I through that on there for the town christmas parade. Used a piece of poster board, masking tape and a rattle can. After it dried, I took a brillo pad to it... I think it turned out ok....

Latest posts

Back