Newbie that needs a heading

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Briman

Hey guys my name is Brian. I call Watson, MN home for now. Ok well i have alot of questions and i apologize in advance for repeating any of them. Well i have my truck already and that leads to my first question. What year is it? I think i have it narrowed down to maybe a 1946 Powerwagon but i have no way of knowing for sure. It's mounted on a 1986 S-10 frame with a 350 Chevy motor and a 700R4 trans. It's also got bed parts from a 56 Ford i think. One of my most pressing questions is how i can license it. I don't want to jump in till im sure that i can actually use it you know. The cab has no title and someone removed the cab tag, the frame has a title. So im wondering if i can even title it at all. That's all for now but any help you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN0920.jpg
    DSCN0920.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCN0921.jpg
    DSCN0921.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0922.jpg
    DSCN0922.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0923.jpg
    DSCN0923.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 35
I can't answer any of your questions , but you do have a great start on your rat. Good luck on your registration and title work and welcome to the best forum on the net ! :)

Looks like a Power Wagon, and the bed looks Ford. States differ on what it takes to get a title. Usually there is a way to get an assigned VIN number, or a "Homebuilt" title.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome from Ks. Sorry I can't help either. Thats a cool lookin cab though! Hope you get it figured out..

Last edited:
Welcome from Oregon. Can you get the title from the S10? If so I built mine with a junk '74 Nova donating parts. I crushed the Nova and used the title at the DMV to get a builder's title and then get assigned a new VIN tag. All legal and only took a couple days. Hope that helps. Welcome again and I like the project.

Latest posts

Back