Ok, there are limits, ya know!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Limits!

Yeah you are right I should not put down anybodys ride, I hate it when somebody badmouths mine. Not to long ago the car shows were full of trailer queens that did not even have engines that were functional it was all about looks not function. That was what spurred my interest in Rat Rods, function and fun, big on the fun part. The average joe looks at a $70,000 dollor custom and drools but knows it is probably beyond his capability financially or other wise. A Rat Rod comes along and that same guys takes a deep breath and says "I can do this" and another potentially active car nut is born, not someone just dreaming about cars.
I say this from experience, cause that guy dreaming was me, and now I own several Rat Rods and attend shows and cruzin's and have a blast. Oh Well! enough of my dribble!!!

We took a lot of pictures but they are in Dan's camera so I have to get them out. The other problem (and this will sound goofy) is that every time we turned around there were people wanting to talk to us about Dan's car and we didn't get a chance to get away from it most of the day. I know that sounds odd, but it is the honest to goodness truth. Some people even came back 5 and 6 times to have conversations about it and just shoot the breeze, and some stayed there for a half hour or more chatting, so the day flew by pretty fast.

We did sneak out a couple of times and either got tied up talking with another car owner about his car, or standing in a long line to get a burger or drink. But I'll post the ones he has when I get them from him, probably tonight. Oh and as for the two ugly cars pictures I posted, I stole those from the HAMB. :eek::D

Don

Don

Attrocious, and I am glad they were turned away.

BUT...
I bet they say "Well I parked next to xxx blah blah blah $50,000 dollar car and MINE got all the attention!" :rolleyes:

Remember folks, just because people are looking - doesn't mean it's a good thing!

i look at road kill too
that dont make it pleasant.....;)

A good friend of mine who amongst other cars owns 4 very high quality show cars that he drives(a sin to some people) or trailers to shows.
A couple of years ago he bought from the States a massey fergusson powered 37 Chev truck complete with rebar grill and shrunked head ornaments.
He drives it to every s/s here and freely admits he has never had so much fun at a show and never has to worry about onlookers 'damaging' his truck.
To most people it's a 'shock rod' and that is exactly why it was built that way.

I hate to say it but those 2 cars are how some people view rat rods. And you get the "posturing attention seekers" at every gathering be it bikes, rods, nascar, the fair etc. People who do stuff just for the sheer attention of it.

Those are just too funny!! Self expression taken to another level,lol. Some towns have kinetic sculpture parades, they would fit right in with some of that stuff, or maybe at the Burning Man.

Latest posts

Back