other hobbies?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my other hobbies besides horsepower is cowpower... haha! My my big Hereford bull is 10 years old now so I'm growing my own replacement. This is Big Bully's son who's just a lil over a year old! He'll be assuming duties next year as a 2 yr old!

lil bully.JPG

BoB

So Tripper, bull riding is one of your hobbies???
Bob, I not that sane anymore but I not insane either! I steer clear of bulls for good reason & there’s not enough money on the planet to get me on top of one! I have a lot of friends out here that raise cows & have seen some crazy big bulls that scare the crap outta me! Every bull rider I’ve ever known had a screw or two loose!

BoB

I go hot and cold with this part of my tinkering life...love these old heaps until I have to drive them on the roadways...then I sell them...but here is Dave Whitcomb...a 1948 CJ2A Willys Jeep....been in the same family since 1957....my goal...get it to run and move...

keep all the crustiness on the outside that I can....

I love the aftermarket support...and
IMG_20240417_164611313_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240409_161607527_HDR.jpg
talking to the hardcore vintage Jeep guys always makes me smile...

I might try and use this to move stuff around here on my property...depends on how is feels once I get the old guy to run again...

I think they call the newer style of these "side by sides"...

Never met an old Jeep that didn't have patched floors, and most of the "old Jeeps" around here are not anywhere near that old.
Years ago I had one with an old snow plow pump and lift arm on it. That 6" hydraulic lift sure was handy for moving stuff around.

My kiddos have been bugging me to take them fishing. I was kind of waiting till they got a little older. Finally decided a couple weekends ago to take them out and they had a blast. That's all those three want to do now. So for the last 3 weekends we've been hitting up some higher mountain lakes. Not much luck it's kind of warm around here so the fish are getting lazy. But they're still enjoying it. On our way home last weekend we saw an old boy who had a bunch of boats for sale so I went back yesterday and picked up a 17 ft aluminum canoe. Pretty dang good shape for its age. Of course I couldn't leave it alone, I took out my Fitzgerald metal polish and wheels for aluminum and did a quick spot on it. Now I have to do the whole thing because it is going to look insane. Completely unnecessary but well worth it
IMG_20240701_211307492_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240701_205335966_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240701_205331335_HDR.jpg

My kiddos have been bugging me to take them fishing. I was kind of waiting till they got a little older. Finally decided a couple weekends ago to take them out and they had a blast. That's all those three want to do now. So for the last 3 weekends we've been hitting up some higher mountain lakes. Not much luck it's kind of warm around here so the fish are getting lazy. But they're still enjoying it. On our way home last weekend we saw an old boy who had a bunch of boats for sale so I went back yesterday and picked up a 17 ft aluminum canoe. Pretty dang good shape for its age. Of course I couldn't leave it alone, I took out my Fitzgerald metal polish and wheels for aluminum and did a quick spot on it. Now I have to do the whole thing because it is going to look insane. Completely unnecessary but well worth itView attachment 181944View attachment 181945View attachment 181946
I'm not sure if the fish are going to like it or not, but the other drivers on the road will surely hate it. Perfect!

That polished aluminum canoe is going to look awesome! I bet that bit of elbow grease and time will significantly increase the value over what you paid for it!

I'm not sure if the fish are going to like it or not, but the other drivers on the road will surely hate it. Perfect!

That polished aluminum canoe is going to look awesome! I bet that bit of elbow grease and time will significantly increase the value over what you paid for it!
Yeah I'm not sure the fish are going to like it either. That was kind of my thought when I decided to do that. I'm hoping with it being on top of the bronco it won't be too blinding for other people. As long as they crash somewhere else other than into me I'll be fine LOL LOL

brilliant get them lil kids "out there doin it " my dear old Dad took me fishing from a young 4-5 year old its great teaches them alot about life too,, 50+ years later i still go and love it but sadly no longer with Dad

id not worry about the stunningly polished hull, (looks good too !!), fish are inherently vain, you all will be certain to get more as they turn up to 'catch' a glimpse ....

https://www.earth.com/news/study-confirms-that-fish-can-recognize-themselves-in-a-mirror/

Last edited:
brilliant get them lil kids "out there doin it " my dear old Dad took me fishing from a young 4-5 year old its great teaches them alot about life too,, 50+ years later i still go and love it but sadly no longer with Dad

id not worry about the stunningly polished hull, (looks good too !!), fish are inherently vain, you all will be certain to get more as they turn up to 'catch' a glimpse ....

https://www.earth.com/news/study-confirms-that-fish-can-recognize-themselves-in-a-mirror/
Hahahah!! Yeah I remember fishing as a kid. Like I said now that's all these little ones want to do. It's fine with me

Latest posts

Back