pictures of rat rod motorhomes wanted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chassis

i like the idea of a 70s chassis under alot of these big campers for highway friendly use. ,,pull my trailer too 4 swap meets... dreamin now,,

I mounted a 50 International cab and front end on a 85 Chev crew cab chassis. Not sure what I am going to do on the back yet. Have an 11 foot flatbed on the rear now, but do not plan on that being permanent. Debating on a full length camper conversion or a 5 foot sleeper and flatbed behind that.

Attachments

• house 9 11-12.JPG
    house 9 11-12.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 114
Here are pictures and add info of the 1949 buick super camper from Craigslist 2012-11-16 --- Was running few years ago lost spark. straight 8 engine 3 on the tree. pulled motorcycle trailer to colorado and florida in its day. hamock bunk bed cook stove wash basin ect. Neat piece of americana. Open to cash offers owned roughly 15 years too many projects

Attachments

• 3Ee3M73H35G25E85Hccbg14e03f6da03a16a5.jpg
    3Ee3M73H35G25E85Hccbg14e03f6da03a16a5.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 3Gb3L43Na5Hd5J35Mfcbgf223e9f915451202.jpg
    3Gb3L43Na5Hd5J35Mfcbgf223e9f915451202.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 3G43Jc3N75I75Ed5Mccbgf5a412a06dc01db5.jpg
    3G43Jc3N75I75Ed5Mccbgf5a412a06dc01db5.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 69
New Guy Here --- gonna take me days or maybe even weeks to go through this forum but I'm lovin' it!

I'm converting a 1946 Chevy school bus into a mini-RV and have really been diggin' the finds on this thread. Below are a couple of shots taken at the wonderfully wacky campground in Utah where I bought my unit. The guy who owns the place has a bunch of vintage buses set up as "Hippie Campers" he rents out. Mine was the only one in running condition, but there were some rare & cool buses there. Here's a wide view...

5639295560_1f9ce67176.jpg

and here a couple of single shots...

5638717981_c846aa07fb.jpg

Mid-forties Ford skoolie in classic 60's style.

5639294342_7577223480.jpg

This was to my mind the real gem in his collection. 38 or 39 International. The very same model bus that hosted the famous "Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test" coast-to-coast with Neal Cassidy and some members of The Dead...collectively known as "The Merry Pranksters". Read more via Wiki here...
Further/Wiki
BTW...this bus has since sold and is believed to be in the process of becoming "Further III"

Keep On Bussin'!

Last edited:
Ya...some really great old iron there. The place is called "Mystic Hot Springs"...just out of Monroe, Utah in case anyone is shopping.

Been wanting one of those buses for a while now. Shipping would kill me having it hauled to IN tho.

I had to haul mine down to Houston, Texas...wasn't all that bad once I found a good shipper. Went through a dozen or more of the "big time" outfits...a total waste of time. Nothing but overpriced brokers. Finally contacted an independent hauler who was great to work with. If you ever need someone dependable check with this guy...quoted a low but fair price and made his schedule to the hour.

"Okie-Go-Hauling"[email protected]

Like I said, great guy to work with.BTW...here's a pic of him bringing baby home...

6007177166_d9e0ecaee1.jpg

brokers

i have had the same experience with big-time brokers vs. independent haulers..
the little guy is always the best.
be sure to call your ins. agent with a vin number,,,and your butt is covered.
and you know the independent has his covered.

Yeah...Roger that TM3--- You definitely need to have them spell out exactly what is and is not covered. Most of the brokers I spoke with were real quick to say..."we are fully insured". Turns out they mean exactly what they said... "THEY" are fully covered. You & your rig are NOT, unless you have your own policy that includes things like this.

So whatever else you might do...if you are considering any hauler or mover...have them send a copy of their insurance coverage, limits, actual policy and contract to your insurance agent to look over before you bite. Cause the majority of haulers do not provide any coverage whatsoever for the "load"...only their own vehicle and minimum liability.

I took a couple of pictures in colorado today of a neat old camper but I don't know how to post them. There are lots of old 50-60 campers in this little town. can I email or text the pictures to someone to post?

TMP's pics...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• rv rat AA.jpg
    rv rat AA.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 404
  • rv rat aa camp.jpg
    rv rat aa camp.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 403
  • rv rat aa camper.jpg
    rv rat aa camper.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 404
Hey TMP, if you get a chance to talk to the owner, some pictures of the inside of the arched top trailer would be cool!

Latest posts

Back