Projects I am contemplating - photos inside - could use some insight here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know the year roughly of that Ford truck with the full fenders?
my20392061.jpg

Not sure exactly but it's either a '38 or '39.

That full fendered 39 Ford truck looks almost identical to one that was was in your very neighborhood Mr Thankful. It recently sold for around ten grand I believe.

That full fendered 39 Ford truck looks almost identical to one that was was in your very neighborhood Mr Thankful. It recently sold for around ten grand I believe.

WHAT?!!!!!!! Are you serious?

I gotta come by and see you. I was just in Pompano eating at Calypso's. I need to get a beed on what treasures we have roaming around our area!

WHAT?!!!!!!! Are you serious?

I gotta come by and see you. I was just in Pompano eating at Calypso's. I need to get a beed on what treasures we have roaming around our area!

Yes I am. Here is a photo. It sits on an S-10 frame. I think it's the same truck because of the 41 Chevy headlights and the front bumper. It was for sale in West Palm Beach. I saw this truck at Billetproof Florida last year with different wheels.

Yes I am. Here is a photo. It sits on an S-10 frame. I think it's the same truck because of the 41 Chevy headlights and the front bumper. It was for sale in West Palm Beach. I saw this truck at Billetproof Florida last year with different wheels.

Those Chevy light look smokin on that truck... Got me thinking about the '40....

CJO13

I can work on the project here and there - but really this will slow it down rather than help it. I need a shop or someone that builds Rods on the side - to help me get this project moving - and to give it to me as a roller - that drives. Then I can play with it and put final touches on it.

If you build it yourself and already have a decent parts stash and can do most (if not all) of the work yourself, rats can be very affordable. If you are paying for labor and a premium for parts ('cause you need them now and don't have them), it can get expensive quick.

Also, there is a big difference between a roller and a driver. Something on 4 wheels is a roller. Something that runs, steers and stops consistently enough to actually be driven is a driver. A roller can be $500. A driver will more than likely be $5,000 and up if you want something that could actually be driven on the highway.

It all depends on the level of craftsmanship/artistry that was involved in the build as to the higher end of the price range. Rare/desireable parts can also run the price up.

Last edited:
all the pictured trucks above look really cool. i also am looking for my first rat truck to build. i have been building custom trucks for a long time, so i will do all my own stuff, but this will be my first rat. i love'em! been looking at them at car shows for a while, and decided to dive in on 1 for myself. later, brian

Latest posts

Back