Question for the real preachers on here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the reverend muddy grimes

Brother Binder
Im new at this Christianity thing, but I like to over reserch anything I do. After reading the prayer request on here I saw something that made me have to ask. Why do we pray "in the name of JESUS" when that isnt the mans name? Jesus is a Greek name, the new testament was written in Greek. It is not a Hebrew name. His name was Joshua (pronounce Yes-hua). Ok you can tell me its the same thing, But My name is Andrew and you wont get my attention yelling out Andres. SOmone explain this to me, and use small words cause im just a backwoods Arkansas hillbilly from the shallow end of the gene pool.

Im new at this Christianity thing, but I like to over reserch anything I do. After reading the prayer request on here I saw something that made me have to ask. Why do we pray "in the name of JESUS" when that isnt the mans name? Jesus is a Greek name, the new testament was written in Greek. It is not a Hebrew name. His name was Joshua (pronounce Yes-hua). Ok you can tell me its the same thing, But My name is Andrew and you wont get my attention yelling out Andres. SOmone explain this to me, and use small words cause im just a backwoods Arkansas hillbilly from the shallow end of the gene pool.

what name where you saved by?
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.Acts 4:18
And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus.
Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

can you translate joshua to english for me. i dont speak hebrew.
also if satan cast out satan his kingdom is divided!
if i cast out satan by the little finger of god by whom does your preacher cast him out by!? you can call him what you want. i Call him Jesus because he has proved himself to me and changed my life!
1 i was in a conspiracy to commit murder for 1 million dollars laundry 2.8 million for a drug lord, #1 dealer for PCP . drug addict meth Pcp alcohol pot i was a drug sponge, i ran a chop shop ! and that isjust the surface of the person i was! but jesus met me in a trailer in chelsea alabama! and saved me! that was 8 years ago, and there has been nothing to turn me back to what i was, thats why i know hes real, dont need nothing more!
Hope this has helped you to understand why i use the name of Jesus .
and not forgeting he healed me and opened blinded yes right in front of me and made the lame to walk! and the souls who have come to the lord!
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. 10Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

11This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

13Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.
do with it as you will! that between you and God and between me and God!

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling

Last edited:
My preacher, like all preachers, calls him Jesus. My point is (and i dont speak hebrew either) that we use the name given to us by the Greeks. Why? Thats all I want to know. You quoted Paul, but Pauls letters and the Acts of the Appossels are also written in Greek. The old testament is in Hebrew. Not wanting an argument, just seeking clarification because as I said, I'm new at this. Picture it like giving a first time car builder a torn apart caddy 502 and saying here you go, put it together and make it work. He can look up information (and I have) but unless you explain WHY things work the way they do, some people never get it, and I am one of those people.

That's awesome, Rev, I wouldn't mind hearing more of your meeting in that trailer....Were you asking for help? Had you given up or was it a complete surprise to you? We have so many friends/family on the other side looking out for us! I have no problem believing that Jesus came to visit you, I know he will work forever to help those that need it....
I have been a student of spiritual matters for two decades now, I have not (and will not) choose a religion- but honor all other's religions. My story is not so earth-shattering, simply had religion forced upon me as a boy and none of it made any sense to me. I became an atheist for a while, until a book 'fell' off of a shelf in front of me at the library. The title was misleading, not about what I thought it was about, but it started me on a path of understanding. Twenty years later, I can happily and confidently say I can feel god with me always and see his hand in everything! There is nothing that God is not! It is a beautiful experience, life, but that is all it is... One of my favorite sayings is "You are a spiritual being having a human experience, not a human being having a spiritual experience."
Keep up the good works, brother!

The scriptures were translated several times into different languages. Jesus is simply the modern translation of the name Joshua. If you want to pray to Joshua, it's ok, it's the same person. Your name is Andrew and some people may call you Andy but your still the same person.
True Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship with Jesus and you will grow closer to Him as you learn more about Him by studying the bible.
Here's a link to one of the best website you will find to help you with your studies....

http://www.gotquestions.org/pray-Jesus-name.html

By the way I'm not a preacher but I am born again believer in Jesus and the truth of the bible. Also here to help you understand your new life. PM me if you wish.

That's awesome, Rev, I wouldn't mind hearing more of your meeting in that trailer....Were you asking for help? Had you given up or was it a complete surprise to you? We have so many friends/family on the other side looking out for us! I have no problem believing that Jesus came to visit you, I know he will work forever to help those that need it....
I have been a student of spiritual matters for two decades now, I have not (and will not) choose a religion- but honor all other's religions. My story is not so earth-shattering, simply had religion forced upon me as a boy and none of it made any sense to me. I became an atheist for a while, until a book 'fell' off of a shelf in front of me at the library. The title was misleading, not about what I thought it was about, but it started me on a path of understanding. Twenty years later, I can happily and confidently say I can feel god with me always and see his hand in everything! There is nothing that God is not! It is a beautiful experience, life, but that is all it is... One of my favorite sayings is "You are a spiritual being having a human experience, not a human being having a spiritual experience."
Keep up the good works, brother!

it was simple, my world was crumbling before me, the feds hasd just took my business partner to jail for murder,and i had something happening to me that was against what i believed a man was ! i didnt believe in men crying! you was a whimp to use a word thats not offensive! and i had been doing it for 3 days uncontrolably crying and didnt know why!! then one morning a voice spoke to me! He said I willl send the comforter! and i said Lord if this is you either kill me or change me i cant live like this anymore! Please send the comforter! and Jesus christ touched me! and everything that i had felt was gone ! my mind was clear! and it was like a set of instruction on what to do was placed in my mind! i drove back to my folks place, went in and asked my mother where is my dad, she said hes in bed and i went in and told him dad i got saved , And he responded with! i know been waiting on you to come tell me! SO many people do not believe this and most are people who say they believe in Jesus but like the old sayin says , if you was there then you would know!

My preacher, like all preachers, calls him Jesus. My point is (and i dont speak hebrew either) that we use the name given to us by the Greeks. Why? Thats all I want to know. You quoted Paul, but Pauls letters and the Acts of the Appossels are also written in Greek. The old testament is in Hebrew. Not wanting an argument, just seeking clarification because as I said, I'm new at this. Picture it like giving a first time car builder a torn apart caddy 502 and saying here you go, put it together and make it work. He can look up information (and I have) but unless you explain WHY things work the way they do, some people never get it, and I am one of those people.

i understand where ya coming from! once a man told me i wasnt saved because of this! well i told him i would pray about it and get back to him on it!
well i did and asked the lord to show and give me understanding about this! and here is what he showed me!h
WHEN your life was changed, who was you calling on?
when you where healed in your body which they say only surdery could correct who did you ask to heal you?
when you seen the deviles castout of that girl you knew and grew up around whos name was used?
and it all went back to one name Jesus!
now maybe you understand where i am coming from!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back