rat rod body

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude43

so i my dad and i were talking and to my surprise he siad if we found a decent tin for a rat rod we could get it. we ve been wanting to get a car to work on little by little so i can have it as apresent when i graduate college. what is a good site to shop around, i live in florida not much tin round here i have seen a some rarelyt though.

p.s is this a good plan? my dad knows plent about cars in general, but still should we do this?

In Fl you do face the challenge of getting the tin in. Use ebay and craigslist. As for the plan, its a great idea!
good luck
preston

Just do it!!!

i live in florida not much tin round here i have seen a some rarelyt though.

p.s is this a good plan? my dad knows plent about cars in general, but still should we do this?

Dude,
Of course it's a good idea!!! Plenty of people in the state have 'um... why should u b left out!?!? Especially if u're Dad's on board & gonna help... GO 4 IT!!! What type of ride r u considering... truck/roadster/roadster truck/coupe/c-dan?!?!

BoB

well im semi open to a few things ideal 34 ford pickp but it isnt cheap form what i hearon hear. so 30s coupe would due too.

I was just in Alabama last weekend , theres tin everywhere there...... www.bargaintraderonline.com , up at the top of the page look in collector car section , should be able to find something , you`ve probably seen their magazines in the little gas station stores

I like the idea dude43. I think it's great that you and your dad will be doing this together. You'll appreciate that later on and it should be a good learning experience for both of you.

I agree. Definately a great idea. I wish I could have built one with my dad. Plan to with my boy as soon as he grows a little:)

What a lot of us do without welding expertise, is to buy a mig, tack things together and call in a professional welder. In California, theres lots with their own welding trucks. They come to your house. I don't weld good enough to trust myself with critical componets such as a chassis.

Great plan you have. Wish my Dad helped. He just watched while I worked on his car. LOL

out here in florida there isnt so much suited toward hot rods in such, i have a friend though his dads and engineer for something or aother and hes a certified welder, might work, forgive my ignorance but what year is that rod on your avatar?

Latest posts

Back