rat rod build off

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plymouth rat

Hey, i'm sure you all seen the biker build offs on TV, wouldn't it be great to have a rat rod build off televised , now that would be something to watch, i'm sure it would be a hit...p-rat

No way!! That would get even more half-hearted people involved, trying to build rats, using up the last of the good tin left out there. I want it all for ME!! Uh, and you guys of course....:D

Not sure about where u guys live, but when those chopper shows started coming on tv, all of a sudden every dork down here had one. Totally flooded the scene and I think took away alot of the coolness of them. Turned something unique and historic into a fad. I'd hate for that to happen to rats.

You, me and everyone else on sites like this would LOVE to see a simular program...problem is the TV networks would not produce one due to the limited "WATCHER" base...heck..no more biker build-off's and look at that "WATCHER" base!!!

i like to watch the tv shows on car-buildin, (or trucks) but when Horsepower built their version of a rat rod i was sorely disappointed--why take a tractor hood and grille and use it to ruin a model A? (MY OPINION) i think that many have already caught the rat fever so a show might or might not change the rat-rodding population....and there are already plenty of way-to-radical-to-be-safe rats out there so maybe if the importance of building SAFE, rats was stressed it would help the building scene .....so that's my ramble...HRP

I'd like to see a PBS 'HOW TOO' kinda show, sorta like the cooking shows (I watch them ALOT!) :)

Slow moving--not an infomercial--topics like --How to Refurbish an Econoline Axle-- or Weliding with a stick Made Easy.. or Grinder Whitewalls I have Known..

PA41

the problem with that is...

everyone would start trying to manufacture parts to make a buck... i dont have a problem with that ,the problem i do have have is they will jack the price up so only the yuppie and scum that dont have time to use there minds and creativeness and build something from there heart or imagination that have not time to sweat and get cuts and bruises and burns like we do... just my to cents..... thanks for listening

No way!! That would get even more half-hearted people involved, trying to build rats, using up the last of the good tin left out there. I want it all for ME!! Uh, and you guys of course....:D

Not sure about where u guys live, but when those chopper shows started coming on tv, all of a sudden every dork down here had one. Totally flooded the scene and I think took away alot of the coolness of them. Turned something unique and historic into a fad. I'd hate for that to happen to rats.

Hay those Dorks is how a made a lot of money the last couple years. But your right everyone would want to be a rat rodder and a lot of good tin would be destroyed but the want-To-Bes.

But you're right everyone would want to be a rat rodder and a lot of good tin would be destroyed by the want-To-Bes.

Like I said previously, way too late. It's happening every day, every where. Someday someone will say "Man, I wondered what happened to all the decent old trucks that used to be around?"

I was gonna say the same thing Blue Eyed! All that has unfortunately happened already! Very true!

Thunder

"Like I said previously, way too late. It's happening every day, every where. Someday someone will say "Man, I wondered what happened to all the decent old trucks that used to be around?" - Posted by Blue Eyed Devil

Believe this or not, I was thinking of contacting Speed TV today asking them to do some kind of weekly show about scavenging through wrecking yards and building a low-budget ride. I see Big Irish and HotRod40's points, but maybe I'm being selfish. I really don't care to see that Euro racing stuff and "tuner" material on TV. Grass roots hot rodding and skinned knuckles holds way more appeal for me.

2 points:

I've already seen finished hot rods that only needed updating turned into rat rods. Building up a car is cool, building down a car ain't. Like the header says "SAVING old tin every day"

Maybe a TV show would convince all those guys scrapping lots full of old tin they have a gold mine.

When I see them "build" shows- I don't care what they are building- I am usually affixed to the exotic tooling they get "sponsored" for the show to use. :)

Someone, Please sponsor me a water jet and a 5 axis CNC mill.:)

Well since most broadcast tv is geared towards lowering the average iq as much as possible, I don't watch it much. I did watch most of the biker build offs but every single build was reported to be behind schedule, will it get done in time? OOh the suspense, give me a break. Do it or don't, won't affect how I enjoy the sport.

Sponsors!

A real rat rod show would never work because they couldn't get enough $$$ from sponsors. Doubt Jack's Junk Yard is gonna fess up to production costs!!! Can u just imagine though... Speed Week's Rat Rod Buildoff... brought to you today by Jack's Junk Yard & Tripper's Pick-A-Part & now... a word from our sponsors!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

If they did a show on building a Rat using "junk yard" parts scavenged from various places, could you imagine how much parts would go up when the owners figured they had a goldmine? Scary thought to me!: Kinda be like the price jump on Harleys a few years ago when the demand exceded the supply. everybody had to have one. How would it be if there were Rat's in every garage?:confused:.....CR

A real rat rod show would never work because they couldn't get enough $$$ from sponsors. Doubt Jack's Junk Yard is gonna fess up to production costs!!! Can u just imagine though... Speed Week's Rat Rod Buildoff... brought to you today by Jack's Junk Yard & Tripper's Pick-A-Part & now... a word from our sponsors!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

That sounds about like something they would attempt over at KB! :rolleyes: I bet the idea has been discussed at least. :D The Hammers could probably pull something like this together successfully because they are pretty well connected to some big company's but we all know the show sure as heck wouldn't be focused on RAT RODS!

Thunder

Latest posts

Back