RATS// what's your'e reason for building them?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cost and creativity.

I've got an old T I'm working on, nobody in their right mind would try to make a show car out of it but I'm having a blast with it. I'm learning and not dumping loads of cash into it. If I screw something up or the paint isn't perfect, oh well. I actually feel like I am building something too. Got a neighbor building a high end Deuce, I don't really consider it building though. He just orders a part from a catalog, slaps it on, then says wow look at my speedway chrome this or that. It's a beautiful car, I'll give him that, but still....

It's really cool how so many of us have the same reasons for getting into rat rods.

With most car people, what they do, is modify the car they happen to own.
So it's mostly modern cars, or imports. And people put a lot of effort into
making their cars unique. But in the end, it's still one of a million Mustangs,
or Camaros, or Hondas. It's not truly unique. And if you were to decide
you want something unique, and cool, and fast, that usually costs $$$$.
You get into the world of exotic cars, or high-dollar hot rods, or rare
collector cars. And very few people can afford those kind of vehicles.
And those who can, often own them for the wrong reasons. Not all of
them, but some of them.

It's just nice to see that we all understand how cool it is,
to be able to be completely creative with your ride.
To have something totally unique, and to not have
to spend six figures to achieve it.

I couldn't agree more with most everyone.
My reasons are similar. Everyone likes them! Even had an old elderly couple talking to me about how cool they think they are!
Its on the cheap. I cant afford a fancy shiny one, nor do i have the experience to make one that nice, so this is great to cut my teeth on.
Any idea you have usually flys, and people are free to do whatever they want without fear! Plus it really opens the builder to a zillion more options then whats in the book.

My best work looks kinda ratty anyway. For me anything old and made out of metal is a piece of history just waiting to tell a story. Even though cars cant talk they still talk to you in a way most people cant understand.

The idea of the Rat Rod fits me to a T.
I have built race cars, show cars and had just finished a pro-street Camaro about 4 years ago when I "found" photos of Rat Rods on the internet. The guy that owned the Camaro "bet" me that I could not build a rat rod as I was very meticulous in my work....I have built my 46 Ford P/U with a Y-block and now I am building a 47 Ford P/U with a Pontiac engine....

weld on.......[;)

I totally agree with all replys. You can look over some of my junk on the P-bucket link below. These toys basically sit around my garage and look purdy, as I can't afford to license and insure em. Well some folks collect gas pumps and ole signs. Luv them also. Maybe you could call em (Yard Art) [cl

Latest posts

Back