Rear suspension questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vht

Going to build a truck style rear susp on my 51 Dodge business coupe. The arms are going to be around 5 ft, do you think 2x2 box with 1/8 in wall would be stout enough? I've seen aftermarket 2in round before. It will be reinforced with 1/4 in plate where it fastens to the rear end and where the coil spring sets.

Personally I think it's bit light weight ....

wow...five feet long......Round tube is more appropriate and I believe a bit stronger in .125.....I think 2x3 .125 or the 2" round maybe in a .187 / 3/16th would be better.....but JMHO...:D there are others here with more experience than I on that subject....but I always err on the side of caution...when it comes to suspension items....:D

Thanks, I don't know how long for sure. It has a 115 WB, and it's all apart right now. I have to mock up eng and trans before I know for sure.

Going to build a truck style rear susp on my 51 Dodge business coupe. The arms are going to be around 5 ft, do you think 2x2 box with 1/8 in wall would be stout enough? I've seen aftermarket 2in round before. It will be reinforced with 1/4 in plate where it fastens to the rear end and where the coil spring sets.

Check out how the guys at HotRods to Hell do it. I've seen their cars run at an auto-cross, they do quite well.

http://www.hotrodstohell.net

Latest posts

Back