RRR and the hamb.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollow65

I'm constantly going back and forth, mostly RRR and the hamb. First site I ever join was stovebolt forums. I also check some muscle car sites and talk engines and combos and trouble shoot with people.

Anyone else bounce around the net? I'm on vacation, kinda. I brought my kids. So nights consist of lame ass kids movies and dad drinking crown royal and geekin it on the forums. Just wondering if I'm alone in my constant scanning of the sites?

no i'm all over the net too. i go of course here, the pork, a buick site a couple amc sites t-bucket sites as well as others. i don't post much on any of the sites, i mostly just read. i post more on this site then any other, and still don't post much.

I visit two main sites on a regular basis, Triple R and Ontario Rodders. I poke around and check out what interests me on others from time to time, but for the most part hang pretty tight to these two. Triple R is a good fit, lots of cool people here and Tripper runs a tight ship, I really appreciate that. And Ontario Rodders is in my own backyard with lots of local people involved.

this is the only rod site i go to these days
i am a member of a few more
but i ended up (bashing alert) hating going to the hamb because of the hostility to anybody who doesnt have a car with $30,000 worth of vintage parts in it.
i do find it amusing that it is called the JALOPY JOURNAL but if you actually HAVE a jalopy
they ban you. :confused::D[P:):rolleyes:[S:eek:

most of my websites are for guns. reloading,long distance shooting etc.

I'm like you guys, I bounce back and forth, checking what is going on here and on the HAMB. I'm on a couple of non car related forums too, just to fill the voids.

I literally can not stand TV any more. Dan and I eat dinner in front of the TV and we can't find one program out of 200 worth watching. Every week they are cranking out a new "car show" and they keep getting dumber and more drama laden. :mad: The only show worth watching is Overhaulin', and they keep running the same one over and over and over again.

On a side note, one show that is getting slightly more watchable is Street Outlaws.......the one where the guys from Oklahoma street race. I hated it at first, but they are doing more racing and serious stuff and less drama. But on the other side of the coin, there is Fat and Furious, and I can't hit the remote button fast enough when those guys come on.

At least on here and the net you get some sensible conversation and lots of good information.

Don

I'm like you guys, I bounce back and forth, checking what is going on here and on the HAMB. I'm on a couple of non car related forums too, just to fill the voids.

I literally can not stand TV any more. Dan and I eat dinner in front of the TV and we can't find one program out of 200 worth watching. Every week they are cranking out a new "car show" and they keep getting dumber and more drama laden. :mad: The only show worth watching is Overhaulin', and they keep running the same one over and over and over again.

On a side note, one show that is getting slightly more watchable is Street Outlaws.......the one where the guys from Oklahoma street race. I hated it at first, but they are doing more racing and serious stuff and less drama. But on the other side of the coin, there is Fat and Furious, and I can't hit the remote button fast enough when those guys come on.

At least on here and the net you get some sensible conversation and lots of good information.

Don
yep
the internet is what i do instead of teevee
my wife loves her shows
but i get irritated just being in the same room with it.
we DO have a 70" kickbutt HDTV that i set up my really nice hometheater amp subwoofer and speakers to.
but i use it like going to the movies
when i say home THEATER
i mean it :D

I usually log on here, and on the torino,cobra forum for info. Very few posts there. And I like to check in on the 429-460.com forum tog et info from a bunch of really good guys on BBF motors. I post more here though.

I agree with you guys about tv being a waste now. I have 1000000000 channels of crap in San Diego. I work 12 hour days so I don't watch tv much anyways. I cruise these sites for my entertainment. I'm gonna start going to some meet ups in town also. I'm just a little antisocial.

This is the most interesting site with people that actually work on cars. I start on the HAMB before finding RRR [cl. I'm on El Camino Central but when i started cutting up the sprint they start ignoring me [S I was looking forward to going to the big Pismo Beach show for caminos last weekend to get some input but ended up doing an emergency appendectomy instead, all is good now.

This is the most interesting site with people that actually work on cars. I start on the HAMB before finding RRR [cl. I'm on El Camino Central but when i started cutting up the sprint they start ignoring me [S I was looking forward to going to the big Pismo Beach show for caminos last weekend to get some input but ended up doing an emergency appendectomy instead, all is good now.

How does one "do" an emergency appendectomy ?

I used to frequent several a day. Every since I got my new computer I haven't been able to log onto the hamb, about a year and a half. Now mostly just here and pop into the killbillet once. I spend a lot more time perusing online magazines now like kneeslider and a couple vintage camper sites. Then I watch all the short videos on my weather site, pulptastic and a few others. Just kinda drifted away from the forums. No less interested in cars, it just takes a lot more to make me go wow and with the trend in "ratrods" so many people who never built anything in their life are building geeky, goofy crap and wanting approval.

Used to be on several forums, now RRR is the only one I check daily. If I'm looking for info, it's here, then the HAMB, then the rest of the net.

I'm a member of about 5 forums, RRR and Mustangsandmore are my two biggest ones. I check them daily, sometimes two or three times. I'm still a member on mmb.maverick.to, big Ford Maverick site, even though I no longer have the Maverick I like to keep up with the friends I made there. Also a member on oldhippie.com, but rarely post there, mainly look at pics, they have a world of old racing pics. I'm also on the HAMB, and that is how I found RRR, someone sent me a PM with the info, and as they say, the rest is history. I post over there every once in a while, but not much about my stuff because it doesn't really fit their criteria. I just keep my mouth shut most of the time and let them do their thing.

I'm with Don on TV, I have Dish network, and even though the wife has it on most of the time, I seldom watch anything but reruns of old shows. I'm surfing the web if I'm not out in the shop. I get to see some of the car shows every now and then, I like Counting cars, they do some crazy stuff but most of the time they don't have the drama the others have. Gas monkeys are good for a laugh with their unfinished cars they think are worth a fortune.

RRR is just home. Thanks to Ole Tripper for the tight ship he runs, and for the great members here. There's a sense of respect here not found most places. And we have zombie cat pics! :eek::D

This is absolutely the best site...hands down. Another good site is Hotrodders.com. A lot of really good people with a good general knowledge of hotrodding and very few old sore heads.

I visit various forums but I've sworn off the P.O.R.K. Used to look for info there but their new format is not very user friendly and you can never ask a question there without getting flamed by multiple know-it-all AH's. I can usually find the answer here quicker and with a lot less grief! :eek:

Toad

I have noticed the egos on the hamb. No reason for it, just some Richard craniums making himself feel good by putting down the guy trying to learn. I've been on RRR for about a month and I really like what I see here.

I go mainly to the Ontario Rodders forum, but belong to quite a few others. The new format of the HAMB really put me off for some reason, so rarely look at it anymore. I just lost that homey feel in my opinion.
Am also interested in trucks and RVs, so belong to a bunch of them.
A lot of the forums seem to be going the Facebook Groups route....not fussy on that either, although look at a couple for the pics

Im on a power wagon site and this one Im a member of the H.a.m.b. but havnt visited it for a long time ,, also killbillet .. its been over a year since ive even posted anything on them .... They are some rude know-it-alls on there ,, thats for sure ...When I told them on killbillet I was going to cut my existing frame, and drop it down to have a roller and just to see how it would look , because I didnt have the $ to go buy the tubing and front axle ( which I still dont) they all chimed in and said thats about stupid to do all that work if your not even going to use the frame ... Well that was about the last post I made on killbillet ... they still do tell me happy birthday though :) I just have a thin skin ,, cant take drama neither ...

This is my favorite site hands down. Don't post much on KB or the pork site except to answer a question.

Latest posts

Back