S10 frame lengthening question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr mike

Ok so I bought myself an old 47 international.
But the gentleman started building it on a short bed as 10 frame
It has a 8 ft bed witch I am going to cut down some but like to keep it like a 6 ft if I can.
I found this on line http://www.timcorny.com/52 Chevy.htm
it looks like this would be the simplest way to lengthen my frame. I'll add fish plates and plug weld it as well.
Do you guys think this will work.
I went out and bought myself a new driveshaft
It's 72 inches with out the yoke I was basically going to make the frame fit the driveshaft that way I don't have to pay the extra money to get one cutdown.

I've never built anything to fit the drive shaft but you won't have any problem with extending the frame. Just get it welded good and reinforce it by fish plating
or boxing or both if it will make you sleep better at night.

Jump in there swinging and let the sparks fly
Good luck with your build.

I'm not an S-10 guy but aren't those frames rails already two piece? Seems to me I saw a post where someone just split it at the factory seam and lengthend it.
I would box it as well.
Torchie.

I'm not an S-10 guy but aren't those frames rails already two piece? Seems to me I saw a post where someone just split it at the factory seam and lengthend it.
I would box it as well.
Torchie.

They are. Would be easy to separate it at the seam and extend it. Along with boxing and fish plating you'll want to do all the proper leveling and squaring steps as well. [;)

Latest posts

Back