s10forum

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jott

Does anyone here use s10forum? I no longer have an s10 but my wife has a Jimmy so I still visit the forum. They seem to have this clique of guys that think they run the place and if your build doesnt fit in with everyone elses build they gang up on you. I tried to stick up for a guy because they made a huge deal about him not bracing his cab during a chop. Me being a body man doing mostly insurance work, I see cars cut apart daily with no bracing. You just measure and check gaps before any welding is done and your good. These s10 guys dont seem to understand that so now I am the target.

This is mostly just a rant, but i was curious if anyone else had run into this?

Never been on the s10 forum, but I see it on a lot of other forums I come across. There is a reason a lot of us are on RRR - "just be nice, it's not that hard" is taken seriously here. Thank Tripper for that - along with everyone that contributes often.

All that being said, there's a good chance this thread is gonna get locked.

Like sam said thats why I'm here anyway .. I love the fact that if you ask a dumb question , they may rub it in a little but you wont get all bruised up over it .. over and over again .. if your making a safety mistake they will come on you pretty tuff , but its for your safety . other than that they will support your projects . no matter what they look like :D . I have a thin skin so it was easy for me to leave other forms RRR has been my home for a while now .. If they will keep me I'll be here till i'm gone ..

I've ditched a lot of forums over the years because they allow a handful of know-it-alls to run roughshod over other members. There's all kinds of keyboard heros. It's really a treat when you get one with something like assbergers

yeah I think i will just stick around here. I enjoy the atmosphere here.

I have been on the S-10 forum... many moons ago when I was doing a S-15 Jimmy... the s-10 Blazer close cousin... and ran into the same thing.... I don't miss that site at all..

i'm a member there and have been for years. never had a problem there and have met some folks from there. the site is more for toy show trucks/blazers and the sort with younger folks. my truck doesn't fit either as it is stock bodied with a v8 and that is it. i haven't been over there in a good while. i like it here better.

I visit it very occasionally. I was on there the other day and think I know the build you're talking about. If it's the same thread, the guy seemed to get more abuse because he seems oblivious about vehicles and was attempting to flaunt the fact that he's "university educated", rather than because he didn't brace the truck before the chop.

I just decided to stay out of that particular thread on that forum. Its to hard to prove your knowledge and ability to an internet bully.

Latest posts

Back