Should I chop my 56 Cadillac?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another technique for the rear glass is to recess it into the package tray/trunk area. Water jet can be used to cut glass and some places claim they can cut tempered glass.

^^ [cl

Laying the stock glass fwd is usually the easiest if you can get away with it:

BTW, "shatter" is an understatement! I'd always heard the old "You can't cut curved glass" rumor and learned quite a long time ago that it was more misinformation spread by self-appointed experts who are actually unwilling to attempt anything remotely close to any projects like all of you are building here.

So I thought to myself, "They were wrong about the curved glass. I've got to make an attempt at the tempered" and if you've watched me cutting glass you already know I use a saw method.

So with goggles on, I took the glass to the table and much like Colonel Robert Gibbon Johnson of Salem, New Jersey - who in 1820 stood on the steps of the County Courthouse publicly eating a basket of tomatoes to prove they were not poisonous as previously thought but later died by pulling the same stunt with, I believe, poison mushrooms - I touched the glass to the spinning blade and BANG! Glass squares everywhere! and I do mean everywhere! <- That is something I should've videoed.

Latest posts

Back