Show pics Historic Merc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
First show of the season 'round these parts.

Here is a Barris survivor. Owner tells me it was in a museum in North Dakota for 49 years. He has owned it for ten or so years. Says it was built in 1952. He was old there was a Rockabilly band playing and I had a hard time hearing him.
I found out that my friends Pete and Corey helped him rewire and get it running. I will have to ask them about it.

Attachments

• barrismerc.jpg
    barrismerc.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 54
  • barrismerc2.jpg
    barrismerc2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 40
  • barrismerc3.jpg
    barrismerc3.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
  • barrismerc4.jpg
    barrismerc4.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 35
  • barrismerc5.jpg
    barrismerc5.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 45
  • barrismerc6.jpg
    barrismerc6.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 33
This Stealthmobile was kinda cool. Custom tube frame. Powered by turbo charged GM V6.

Owner say it will pobably do 150. I presume he meant miles per hour:rolleyes:

Here is a Stang from British Columbia for Bonehead.

Think I liked this van....I think.

Attachments

• stelth.jpg
    stelth.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 44
  • stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 44
  • vanabs.jpg
    vanabs.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 44
  • van2.jpg
    van2.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 40
And this one I thought Tripper may be especially fond of the powerplant...........personally I think it was the nicest ride there
2012-03-31182328.jpg

2012-03-31182348.jpg

2012-03-31182404.jpg

2012-03-31182449.jpg

2012-03-31182527.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics. Lots of nice cars but I find myself skipping thru some with questionable taste. I dont understand the huge wheels and some that are just way overdone. I guess I'm just a ratter at heart.;)

There was not much to choose from to photograph so I through up most of what I had.........We are lucky to have a trailer queen indoor show around here this time of year much less a full on rat show

I definitely appreciate the pics, you did a really good job ronnysplymouth. I guess I skip over certain vehicles at shows and cruise ins. I dont understand the trailer-queen concept with all the money dumped into them and then being afraid to drive them. To me, minimum investment and maximum use is what I appreciate. That's why most of us ratters have a common bond when it comes to hot-rods. Keep up the the good work and keep bringing us more pics!!

Latest posts

Back