show season

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
So show season has begun in here in the north west. There are a hand full of good shows we attend through out the year. I sent my application in for the first show of our season. Its an indoor show at the convention center. The cars are hand picked by the guys who put it on, the are also the guys who run the local drag strip. Cars of all shapes, sizes, colors and all walks of life. Only one other rat, but still some nice cars. Our local paper did alittle artical on the show. My big rust turd is the main piece of the artical! Kinda crazy, from trash to front page of the pap er in a little over a year and a half. Couldnt be more excited! Now it's dumpin snow, should be a fun drive home later today!

http://s855.photobucket.com/user/minterfab/media/Mobile Uploads/20160312_141910_zpsvdspw2n1.jpg.html

20160311_171046_zpsczjxyv6b.jpg
[/URL]

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/lo...cle_8bf83e42-e8e9-11e5-8b55-c75a3b7c7362.html
Even my lilttle girl was havin a good time

Spreading the word one small town at a time.

Good job. Easy on the throttle in the snow :D

Are you sure she's have a good time[S

Spreading the word one small town at a time.

Good job. Easy on the throttle in the snow :D

Are you sure she's have a good time[S

All the snow left before i had to drive home. Also came home with some new hardware. First time i ever attended this show. Will be back for sure. Well put together. As to the little one, yes she loves cars. She screams "daddies car!" Everytime she see the sedan or my 50. She loves ridin in either of them around the drive way.

Here is a short vid of the drive home. You can see the snow and storm clouds in the sky. All and all a good weekend

https://youtu.be/C01dtrib9ow

Cool!! Congrats on the trophy! I couldn't do an inside show like that with my car, it likes to mark it's spot where I park, and they'd get ill with oil and tranny fluid on their pretty floors! :D

Dont worry guys, mine had a pee pad under it. She has a weaknbladder also. Hahahaha

Congrats on the trophy and you probably could have gotten a trophy for the least invested too right. :cool:
Mine are ALWAYS the cheapest cars on display wearever i take them.

For sure, the other rat that was there was a 5 year process and over 20k invested! Not sure how but thats what the owner claims. Its a very solid well built car bit indont see that dollar sign.

Hey Lowbudget50, no offence intended and if I would, I could go back and search it out in your build, but I'm lazy! That close-up of the trophy shows your pipe wrap in the background....What I'm trying to see is the wrap itself. Is that just strips you did out of something different? or is that regular pipe wrap that frayed like that? Was it intentional or did it fray like that in the wind? I'm considering wrapping the shorty, block huggers...

Have no idea how I missed this :confused:
I want to commend you on a job well done ;)
Preserved in print is very cool :cool:
Bringing home a 1st place trophy is icing on the cake [cl [cl [cl

Thanks guys! Much appreciated.
Smallfoot, i wrapped the radiator hoses only. Its burlap. I didnt like the look of the upper hose since i had to neck it down from the motor to the radiator. I cut it in strips , wrapped it them ran a wrap of thin copper tie wire oround that to hold it in place. I just did it last week and still not sure if im really that fond of it yet.

Well cool! I was going to ask if it was burlap. I kinda like the frayed look...just kinda fits in my mind with the build. I'm still leaning on aging that shiny crate motor in mine. Everybody says leave a little bling, but I'm thinking before I changed out the motor, the old beat one looked better in it's place.

Latest posts

Back