Single Air bag

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockb1

Built For Speed!
Well I am looking into some different bag options for the International. I am currently thinking of going with a Goodyear air spring air bag mounted in the middle of the rear axle. I have a 4 link set up already and this thing is super light. Im just wondering if its a good idea to only run one or should I run two?
I saw a single bag on the rear of a bobber truck before and really liked the look. What do you guys think?

It seems to me that even with shocks it will still want to lean to one side when cornering more than normal. It also might get a little hairy when having to make a quick manuver. I'd go with dual bags iffin it were me.

Well I am looking into some different bag options for the International. I am currently thinking of going with a Goodyear air spring air bag mounted in the middle of the rear axle. I have a 4 link set up already and this thing is super light. Im just wondering if its a good idea to only run one or should I run two?
I saw a single bag on the rear of a bobber truck before and really liked the look. What do you guys think?

Are you referring to that green one, 53-55 Ford cab ? He admitted himself that it is somewhat unstable :( , so as the other guys said, it would be tippy even with good shocks - they just control the compression or rebound rates and would have little influence on controlling the tendency to tilt in a turn.
However, a decent sway bar may a better way to control the tilt. Something off a 1 ton pickup rear end should be about right - hit the boneyard with a tape measure there should be something that will work without being too ugly.[S

I would shy away from it. I would agree on it being unstable. There are plenty of options to do something unique without sacrificing ride quality or safety. I would really pay attention to scrub lines due to bag failure as well. IMO I would run two and be done with it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back