So you can't post on an old mesage here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it had little to do with you, but rather some people take things too personally, and take it as a personal insult to them apparently.. Obviously they need to lighten up...

A lil snippet from the "Rules of the Road"...

"If u're not interested in what someone posted or has for sale... just go on to the next post, don't go on a tirade... it's not *u're job*!"

Rat Rod Mod

Sometimes I find myself responding to a thread with new posts before I realize it's several years old and I already ran my pie hole before. I find it pretty amusing and have a laugh. But it does seem like it's always a new guy who dredges up those old threads for some reason. The information can be useful and it is always debatable if it belongs in the ancient history or if there should just be a new thread.
I kind of look at a forum like a garage scene, the old guys kind of set the tempo and new guys hang out and listen. Contribute carefully and with consideration for decorum. Some of us are old enough to remember when ALL "elders" got respect from the younger or "new" guys, even if the old guys didn't conduct them selves in the best way to deserve it. That has kind of been lost in the cyber world.

Sometimes I find myself responding to a thread with new posts before I realize it's several years old and I already ran my pie hole before. I find it pretty amusing and have a laugh. But it does seem like it's always a new guy who dredges up those old threads for some reason. The information can be useful and it is always debatable if it belongs in the ancient history or if there should just be a new thread.
I kind of look at a forum like a garage scene, the old guys kind of set the tempo and new guys hang out and listen. Contribute carefully and with consideration for decorum. Some of us are old enough to remember when ALL "elders" got respect from the younger or "new" guys, even if the old guys didn't conduct them selves in the best way to deserve it. That has kind of been lost in the cyber world.

I think a lot of the time the "new " guy brings back old threads because he's new and he's reading them for the first time and may get caught up in all the info and emits the date they were posted.

My post count doesn't show it but I've been a member here for three or four years and I catch myself starting to do the same thing. When I first became a member I was excited that I had a solution to a post and had the same thing happen to me so since then I rarely post.

I think a lot of the time the "new " guy brings back old threads because he's new and he's reading them for the first time and may get caught up in all the info and emits the date they were posted.

My post count doesn't show it but I've been a member here for three or four years and I catch myself starting to do the same thing. When I first became a member I was excited that I had a solution to a post and had the same thing happen to me so since then I rarely post.

I think of it sort of like being on the school playground (or any other playground for that matter), you've got to be tough! I learned to fight in school for self-preservation! [ddd

Beercan

If an old thread doesn't have any relevancy to the present then why spend money keeping it around? There are so many newer and nicer threads to participate in then them fuddy duddy old threads with all those obsolete ideers [P

If an old thread doesn't have any relevancy to the present then why spend money keeping it around? There are so many newer and nicer threads to participate in then them fuddy duddy old threads with all those obsolete ideers [P

yeah!
if it aint less than 30 seconds old.
it's obsolete an worthless.
i need FRESH NEW ways to pack bearings or set toe in![dr

Latest posts

Back