Some pictures from Garlits Museum

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

We only spent about an hour inside the museum and Dan didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but here are a few.

We are going to go back and spend a whole day in there. The place can not be described, it is room after room of really cool stuff and lots of memories.

Don

Attachments

• Garlits 001.jpg
    Garlits 001.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Garlits 002.jpg
    Garlits 002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 35
  • Garlits 003.jpg
    Garlits 003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Garlits 004.jpg
    Garlits 004.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Garlits 008-1.jpg
    Garlits 008-1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 21
few more....................

Attachments

• Garlits 009.jpg
    Garlits 009.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Garlits 010.jpg
    Garlits 010.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Garlits 011.jpg
    Garlits 011.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Garlits 012.jpg
    Garlits 012.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Garlits 013.jpg
    Garlits 013.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 21
I was too busy working the show to even get close to the museum. I've been there a number of times and always see something new. To go through both museums and really see them takes a full day, at least. It's well worth the trip. Thanks for coming to the show! Mike

That museum was great. Thanks for the pics Don. My brother took pics inside the museum too. One of us will post them eventually.

Yep Mike, you guys working the show were all hustling the entire day. We were chatting with Glenn (Ahotrod) for a while as he was playing traffic cop directing people into spots, and he was definitely hopping the whole time.

We were very impressed that the Poorboys took the time to say thank you for coming to everyone they saw, showed a lot of class. My impression of the entire Poorboys group is that they are really a special group of folks anyway.

We can't stop talking about the great time we had............I liked it even better than Turkey Run, and that is saying something. :D

Don

I have to agree with you Don, much better than Daytona. For me, it was be best show I have ever attended.:D I would love to see more of this in Florida, especially in the north central part.

Yep Mike, you guys working the show were all hustling the entire day. We were chatting with Glenn (Ahotrod) for a while as he was playing traffic cop directing people into spots, and he was definitely hopping the whole time.

We were very impressed that the Poorboys took the time to say thank you for coming to everyone they saw, showed a lot of class. My impression of the entire Poorboys group is that they are really a special group of folks anyway.

We can't stop talking about the great time we had............I liked it even better than Turkey Run, and that is saying something. :D

Don

Well shucks, Don. :eek: We were genuinely happy that so many folks chose to come to Billetproof that it would not be right to ignore them. It only takes a second to say thanks and it always leaves a good impression. I like when folks do that for me at a show. We figured that, at least 75-80% of the people responded with "no, thank you" to us. We were stoked at all the good vibes.
Most of us were buddies long before the Poor Boys deal was offered to us. I think that went a long way to us having our act together for this. We're all tired and sore but, are looking forward to next year.
We have something in the works for later this year. Still just talking about it but,there will an announcement if we decide to do it. I'll leave it at that for the moment. :)
Thanks for the kind words. Hope to meet up somewhere. Mike

Kool!

Kool pictures Don!!! Love the 'Lil Red Wagon. Don't remember it when Tripper Jr & I went there on our way back form Disneyworld but I still have the poster of the Swamp Rat 1 (or 3 or whichever it really is) that they gave away free! Kool place with LOTS of history! Just saw a picture of Tripper Jr. in fornt of the Mooneyes dragster... he was 8... now he's nearly 30! Damn how time flies when u're gittin' old... er... havin' fun!!! ; - >

BoB

Very cool pics

Love the old drag car and race pics. Going to the wally parks museum in pasadena the first run this year. If i'm ever in florida i'll be sure to go!!

Thanks,

Jake

Latest posts

Back