Some sunrise pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a sunrise, but the northern lights last night.

Attachments

• PXL_20241008_030819958.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20241008_030819958.NIGHT.jpg
    1.1 MB
  • PXL_20241008_030654708.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20241008_030654708.NIGHT.jpg
    1.1 MB
Crate, don't trust those dang Canucks, they're always bragging. Remember a week ago I showed you some nice scenery [first pic] and said you should come over here and see it. ----- Well, a week has gone by and the second picture is what it really looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_1728.JPG
    IMG_1728.JPG
    3.9 MB
  • IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    2.4 MB
We still have our porch swing up, but the weather has made a pretty hard change the last few days. its not so much fun sitting on that swing in my winter coat, probably going to have to put it away for the winter soon.
We put the swing away every year when I bring up the snow blower. At my wife's request, I hold that exchange off as long as possible, but the day is coming faster then I want it to.

All you guys that get to see northern lights are lucky. As far as I know they never appear here. I've only been out west where they might appear a few times and never got to see them. Thanks for the cool shots!

Several people I know took pictures of the entire sky lit up with the Northern Lights from a place about 20 miles from where I'm sitting right now, just a week or so ago.

I didn't see them. I'm right on the north edge of town (the country is behind my house), but there is still too much man made lighting around here. As I understand it, it has to be a pretty dark location (as in no artificial lighting) with huge northern sky exposure.

Several people I know took pictures of the entire sky lit up with the Northern Lights from a place about 20 miles from where I'm sitting right now, just a week or so ago.

I didn't see them. I'm right on the north edge of town (the country is behind my house), but there is still too much man made lighting around here. As I understand it, it has to be a pretty dark location (as in no artificial lighting) with huge northern sky exposure.
It truly depends on how intense they are. Where I am, I see them several times a year. I'm two miles from the city lights and still have quite a bit of light pollution. Here we see them all around, not just to the north.

Latest posts

Back