Sorry I haven't been around for a while...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatBroke

Hostage Negotiator
I have been having a good run of bad luck here lately and just haven't been motivated to do much of anything. Mainly just wanted to say hello and to let everyone know I'm still hanging in the shadows...

Hang in ther Flat! Things HAVE to get better. Sometimes you feel like it's the end of your rope, but things usually have a way of improving if you wait.:D Good to hear from you again, we miss your input![cl...CR

....been in aBible study on the life of Job...
i'd speculate that you could relate to that guy's trials and troubles...

we hope & pray for the best for ya flat,
if there's anything i personally could do, send me a PM ...

Sounds like you've hit a "gravel patch" of life. Hang in there, you'll make it back to the pavement and smoother going.

I want to say thank you to everyone.
I'm not going in to all my problems, but the biggest one....

My dad has been in and out of ICU since Aug. 25-26. He made a lifetime of abusing his body in many ways. almost 38 years of service with more than 20 MOS's will do it all by itself. But during that time, Pop's always had a smoke in one had and a cup of coffee in the other. Well, several years ago, he was diagnosed with emphasema (sp), bout 3-4 years ago COPD was added to the list. Yesterday he was rushed back to SICU with almost no blood pressure and a case of double pneumonia....Dad is not looking good at this point, but he did get better as the day went on and after he ate a little something. I believe he is just putting on a good front till he gets to spend a little time with all his friends and family...After that, I'm afraid hes will be ready to throw in the towel. like I said, he has been fighting this fight for years now, he is exhausted. I will post updates as I can.

Thanks again for all the support.

So sorry to hear about your Dad, Flat. That has to be taking a toll on you. Keep your head up and stop by to tell us how you are doing..........we care.

Smoking is a terrible addiction. My ex smokes like a chimney, even though she is a Nurse and has seen people dying from it, and even though her own Mother is on oxygen 24-7 and can't breathe. When I see a young Kid smoking I feel like walking up and saying something........but it would do no good. :(

We hope everything works out for you, Flat. Life has it's moments.

Don

Thanks Don,
My dad was moved back on to the main floor late last night. I went to see him earlier today and he was in high spirits, good color back in his face and making a few jokes. His nurse came in and she is nice looking, found out later he had been flirting with her since she came on duty....O-YEAH, Pops is feeling better.

Thanks again Everyone for your prayers.

Funny how a good looking woman can have that effect on us guys!:eek:...Glad to hear your Pop is doing better.[cl...CR

Hey flat glade to see that your still on here .
I was thinkin about ya the other day,been wonderin what you was doing to your truck. sorry to here about you troubles,seems like bad stuff always happens in bunches.but there will be better days!

Latest posts

Back