South Carolina 1953 tittle help!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52chevyrat

Ok im sure this question has been asked but i can't find anything that will help me out when searching.
I bought a 53 chevy pickup for $700. I live in South Carolina and i bought the truck from North Carolina. The guy i bought it from purchased a property that had an old junkyard on it and was selliong all the vehicles. ya ya im sure you can see were this is going.
Anyways i asked him about a tittle and he said for a car over 30 years old all you need is a bill of sale. well he was wrong. I have been jumping thru hoops at the SC DMV and am no closer to getting my truck tittled than when i started.
They have pushed me to the point of doing whatever i can just to get a plate of some kind on the back of my rat rod.
So if anyone has a truck cab or a VIN plate and a tittle that they want to sell i am in need. or any ideas to get around this problem.
thanks for any help.
Jason

You guys and gals looking for VIN tags and titles need to read this. This a Federal Law.

1984 - Congress enacted the Motor Vehicle Theft Law Enforcement Act in order to reduce the incidence of motor vehicle theft and facilitate the tracing and recovery of stolen motor vehicles and parts from stolen vehicles......

The 1984 Act provided criminal penalties for altering or removing motor vehicle identification numbers; and allows seizure and forfeiture of vehicles or components with falsified or removed identification numbers. In addition, the 1984 Act authorized US Customs to require that exporters of used motor vehicles submit a proof of ownership containing the VIN to the Customs Service before exporting the vehicle.......

A provision in another law, the Comprehensive Crime Control Act of 1984, made it a federal offense to counterfeit or forge motor vehicle title certificates. This law sought to prevent professional criminals from using counterfeit documents to dispose of stolen vehicles on the legitimate market.

If your truck has a VIN # on the cab you can get it titled by using Broadway Title Company in Alabama. I checked their website and it should be legal in S.C. Sounds like this may be the best way for you to go. There are plenty of people on here that have used Broadway before. It works and it's 100% legal. Don't do anything under the table. It's not worth it!

Here's the website.

www.broadwaytitle.com

Too bad we can't get paid for all the referals to Broadway Title Co.!! If I had gotten paid for all the people I've sent to them my truck would have been built a long time ago!

Thunder1

Last edited:
There is also a title company in south or north carol one of two I lost the link but if u have a vin tag.. They will run it to check its background and award you a title if possible for around $300 I do believe. If its got a lien or theft on it they will also give u the info on it..

Latest posts

Back