Super quick brake line question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_bull

Running all my new lines using the nickel/copper alloy 3/16" line. I have run into a snag going from the one line from the master cylinder to the "T" that splits between the two calipers. The "T" has a female inverted flare fitting (IFF) and the 15" rubber line from the output of the proportioning valve also has a female IFF. Can I just use a brass NPT male to male to couple the rubber line and the "T" together? I dont mind building a little short 6" piece of my 3/16" lines with fittings if need be. Just curious as the npt will just count on the threads to seal instead of the flares. Unless the NPT would happen to bottom out on both ends. Thanks in advance!

This is the fitting you need. There is a bracket that fixes it to the frame be it welded or bolted.
These can be purchased from Sumit, Speedway Motors, Jeg's etc.
Just google brake line fittings.
Pics of what you're doing would help.

wil-220-13124_xl.jpg

This is the fitting you need. There is a bracket that fixes it to the frame be it welded or bolted.
These can be purchased from Sumit, Speedway Motors, Jeg's etc.
Just google brake line fittings.
Pics of what you're doing would help.

wil-220-13124_xl.jpg

I am looking at needing a male on both sides of that fitting, because my "T" has the inverted flare female:

"T" fitting: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-40251-Brake-System-3-16-Inch-Inv-Flare-Tee-Fitting,41359.html

Brake hose I have to hook to the "T": https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...-inch-brake-hose/bhs0/bh99398?q=bh99398&pos=0

OK, I'm assuming you're working on the rear brakes. that's gonna require a short piece of brake line to make that work or get the correct rubber line.
Orielly BH71305

OK, I'm assuming you're working on the rear brakes. that's gonna require a short piece of brake line to make that work or get the correct rubber line.
Orielly BH71305

Yuppers, gonna just swap the hose. Male on both ends if I can to put the master cylinder side directly in to the rear proportioning valve. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back