The Roofus Special

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A while back, I robbed the new ball joints off of roofus for the jag front end that is under the studebaker. Today I ordered new ball joints for roofus.

I'm tired of waiting to be perfectly inspired on what to do next. I'm going to assemble it with what I have now and redo the stuff I'm not happy with at a later date. I need the workbench.

Good to see you back at it. I was concerned Rufus was going to become an artifact.

Almost. Gotta find another place for c clamps and sawsalls.

Attachments

• 20211229_103343.jpg
    20211229_103343.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 37
Holy crap... looks like you need a place for a whole lot more :eek:
The size of the columns make me wonder what`s upstairs....? The Chrysler building...?

That is dad's shop gantry that he built out of big steel scraps for fun. When he built the shop, he was planning to hang a 50ft mahogany chris craft in the ceiling...just because.

He erected all that steel by himself without a crane. He is the kinda guy that could have built the pyramids with hand tools.

Last edited:
That is dad's shop gantry that he built out of big steel scraps for fun. When he built the shop, he was planning to hang a 50ft mahogany chris craft in the ceiling...just because.

He erected all that steel by himself without a crane. He is the kinda guy that could have built the pyramids with hand tools.

Thats very cool, sounds alot like my dad! He can build something from nothing

I haven't really trusted the idea of using the wrench control arms at highway speeds.

Today I'm going to go look at some Jaguar XKE front control arms and later model vented front rotor hubs. This thing may be a real car one of these days.

I'm not always doing, but I'm always looking and thinking.
Screenshot_20240702_071337_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I bought the XKE control arms, spindles, hubs, vented rotors, front brake calipers, and steering rack.

I never paid attention that the XKE was front steer. The XJS front end that is under the studebaker is rear steer.

For it to have been a wild-ass guess that they might work....they are pretty close to the right size.

Upper mounted backwards.
20240704_131620.jpg

Xke mounting
20240704_131558.jpg

Lower is a tad shorter than what I had built. This is the arm upside down to judge width.
20240704_131503.jpg

Like 2 years were just a blink. Great to see that you're back at it Flip.
I've been scared of the wrenches for a while and was waiting for Devine inspiration. Marketplace spoke to me.

Roofus is 3rd on the list right now. I've gotta et this damn RV out of the middle of the shop first. LS swap on the mercedes is supposed to be number two.

Latest posts

Back