The way you and I dress?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty rodder

Just wondering if anyone had ever gotten crap for the way you dress. I work at a college in the day and go very retro back to the 50's and 60's at night. Example: I wore a suit and tie to work as usuall today and was going out right after work so I changed and my boss just looked at me and was like ummm....what the crap! All I had on was the white T shirt, jeans rolled up and my converse. I dont know if he was just remembering back in the day or what but it was the weirdest look ever....

Just wondering if anyone had ever gotten crap for the way you dress. I work at a college in the day and go very retro back to the 50's and 60's at night. Example: I wore a suit and tie to work as usuall today and was going out right after work so I changed and my boss just looked at me and was like ummm....what the crap! All I had on was the white T shirt, jeans rolled up and my converse. I dont know if he was just remembering back in the day or what but it was the weirdest look ever....

Doesn't sound like he has a very good sense of humor. Maybe u should change somewhere else!

BoB

I have to wear Khakis and a Polo at work during the day, and on weekends i just wear jeans and a t-shirt and my chucks or regular tennis shoes. Never get crap about what i wear, and i have chrome olive glasses. :D

So you get a wierd look from the boss for wearing your retro stuff....how about the looks you'd get from your retro buddies if you wore your suit and tie....unless of course it was a really cool Zoot Suit.

Me personally, I did the suit and tie thing when I was younger for work, but have always been a jeans and tee shirt guy when I'm not at work. Now that I'm working as a machinist, I get to wear jeans and a tee shirt every day...but gotta tell ya...it's been 20 years at least since I had a pair of Converse

I spent the last 40 years in T shirts and jeans, flannel shirt in the winter. I didn't own a tie or even a sport jacket. I decided about a year ago to start dressing up once in a while. I got most of my good threads off ebay. I like the old pearl snap western shirts and got me some righteous cool vintage sport jackets and a small collection of vintage neckties now. It's been kinda fun changing from the bill board T shirt look and now I am looking for some vintage stroker caps because I am tired of advertising baseball caps too.

Living in Florida, and coming out of the boating business, I tend to live in shorts. I own about 20 pairs of shorts, but only two pairs of pants, and one suit for weddings and funerals. :) Getting dressed up down here is putting on a pair of shorts that isn't full of holes. :p

As for retro clothing.........I have a funny story about that. We have a friend who never mentally left the '50's. He absolutely looks like he should be one of the Stray Cats, pompadore haircut and all. Another friend of ours made the comment that we all play with stuff to recreate the '50's, but that this guy NEVER LEFT THE '50's.......he still thinks that is what year it is. :) He was building rat rods way before they became popular, and dresses in jeans, t shirt with cigarettes rolled in the sleeve, etc. You get the picture.

Anyway, one time he went to a '50's hot rod show where everybody was dressed up in poodle skirts and stuff like that. Some lady came up to him and said "wow, where did you find all those funky old clothes to create your costume?" He said "what do you mean? These are my everyday clothes!:confused:

He became offended and left!! :D

Don

Some lady came up to him and said "wow, where did you find all those funky old clothes to create your costume?" He said "what do you mean? These are my everyday clothes!:confused:

He became offended and left!! :D

He was in "costume" & didn't even know it!!! :D:eek::D

Many years ago, when I was in the graphic arts business and married, my wife said I looked like the bums on skid row. Got a divorce and started dressing better.

i am my own so i get to wear any thing i want and i can honesty say that i have never stooped to wearing kakies and i hope i never do
i am just a good old country boy wearing leather boots blue jeans and a ball cap and some retro pearl snaps when i have to go out and look nice

dress for success

It is a real shame when people pick on you for the way you dress

Attachments

• bad dresser.jpg
    bad dresser.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 41
"i dont care what people think about my wife and i sharing clothes.... i mean a medium size pair of victoria secret thongs on a 6' 260 lbs hairy burley man shouldnt offend anyone, right?????????

offensive no, wrong yes!

WARNING : Please do not look at photo while eating or drinking.

Attachments

• mankini is wrong.jpg
    mankini is wrong.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 20
Ah yes, your house!

Well, you were looking just dandy and I had a camera handy and now everybody knows what you look like wearing sunglasses.I did say you would look better with some Oakleys but its very hard to argue with a sober man in a mankini !:D

Latest posts

Back