Things not to do ever again

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell me! When I was a youngster I tied steel (rebar) & worked mud for a huge high school building one summer. Bending over like that uses muscles u never even knew u had. I'm not a quitter but I was so tempted but hung in there & was I ever glad when that summer was over! I feel u're pain!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

When I lived with a GF we remodeled her condo, doing things like a slate floor in her lanai. Everytime we would do one of those backbreaking jobs she would say "Well Honey, we've found one more job we never want to do ever again !" :eek:

Don

Had some roof damage and wound up stripping and laying four squares, walked round like Quasimodo for three days.lol

It might hurt now but when you see your finished project its gotta make you proud!
I do this stuff daily!:eek::D

I helped a friend at work with a "little weekend project" a while back. He lives in the mountains and a neighbor had a home built into the hillside with a "sod roof". The roof was bowing down and they decided to clear the "sod" and repair the structure. Upon arrival I noticed there was no "sod" in place. Three of us removed three full commerical dump truck loads of dirt and boulders from the roof by shovel and wheel barrow over labor day weekend. I didn't volunteer for any more of his "little weekend projects" after that.

My parents always hired people to work on things. It wasnt until I met my wife that I started doing diy stuff. I helped my father in law pour their driveway, tear off and reshingle their roof, cut down and trim trees(tough doing a roof and trimming trees when youre affraid of heights), remodel their bathroom...... It sucked at the time or so I thought. Now Im thankful and would do it again in a second.

when I was in high school I tried raking blueberries one summer. Basically you bend at the waist and pick teeny blueberries from bushes that are only a foot tall. I lasted one day and said no more. I collected my $14 and probably began what has turned into lifelong lower back pain. Now I just have to be careful not to act 16 anymore. Thankfully there are chiropractors. [cl

When I was 15 I built my first jalopy. For some reason I decided to loosen the hose clamp on the bottom hose while it was hot. It blowed off and soaked my crotch with scalding coolant. I had a very interesting bandage for a few days, kinda like a little mummy.
That's something I will never do again.

Latest posts

Back