This is what I have so far..

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really do not know how to respond to this post. First of all how much lift do you actually need or can actually use. It lifts plenty for what I am doing. The lower link is a 2X2 with poly bushings on both ends with a tab welded to the axle just like most every other link setup. The 3-link bar was done that way because I don't have room to mount an angled tab. I used what I had and what I could afford. Granted it is not done yet, but tell me how this is any different than any other 3-link. Granted the panhard bar may not be necessary but what does it hurt?

The pan hard bar requires a little lateral movement. The set up you have won't allow lateral movement. It will bind up.

If you are getting enough lift for your build, that's fine, I just like to get the most out the bags just in case I encounter a wicked hump in the road or nasty driveway, it's nice to be able to pump it up to get over obstacles. Seriously though, on the upper link - what will happen is the front mount will want to twist and will turn on the threads - that's where the Heim joint should be - the Heims on the rear ends are unnecessary as they will only be moving up and down, not twisting like the forward mount, they could have been poly bushed ends like the front mount.
Just trying to help...

hummm.. im with the guys on this one.. there's some issues here..

With that upper link and a pan hard bar.. you will force lateral movement into the suspension.. most likely driving all the stress into the front mount on your 3 link.. if it is cycling fine.. then the bushing in the front mount must be taking all the miss alignment.. the fact that you aren't getting full range of motion from the bags is probably helping minimize the binding and lateral movement.

you could leave the heims on the axle end if you wan. but I also agree that there should be a heim on the frame side..

I see that but I am curious how some big named shops use a setup like this all day long and get away with it.

Ok here is the reasoning on that set up. It is designed for flat road driving and to eliminate articulation, and yes it is hard on the bushings during hard cornering and pulling up over the curb into the driveway. That is why you always hear the little slam trucks groaning.

Latest posts

Back