Thoughts and prayers for West Virginian Miners

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screw

All my thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of the West Virginia Mine explosion disaster yesterday. What a DAM SHAME. Mining companies that ignor safety regulations to protect their workers should be Instantly shut down until they conform to ALL safety regulations and procedures. Now there are at least 25 families who have to live without their loved ones and why...............just so some big fat, cigar sucking, mining mogul can gain a few points on his E.B.I.T???? (S.O.B.!!!)

An unnecessary tragedy. My prayers go out to all the families.

We all stress safety in building our rods, you'd think they would do anything and everything possible to keep people alive.

Having worked with many of the coal and energy companies in the east, I can say that their equipment standards are very stringent. I just can't figure out why some of them allow personal safety measures to fail, or worse be nonexistant. I mean, they don't think twice about an extra $250k for systems to protect their machinery and equipment. You wouldn't think a couple extra canaries would be too much to ask.

I can't imagine

Coal mining has got to be the worst job in the world. Dirty, dark, damp. I don't know how they get up in the morning and go do that.

And they know the whole time that it is a disaster waiting for a chance......

The last big disaster in Utah happened when they were doing exit mining. They back out of the played out mine, taking out the support columns as they go! Kind of like taking a building down from the inside while you are there.

My prayers go out to them and their families.

Latest posts

Back