Three dimensions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can say with certainty that you'd:

Be blinded by the light. Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night.
You'd get down but you'd never get tight.
But you'll make it alright.

This question and all others about experiences at the speed of light do not have a definitive answer. You cannot go at the speed of light so the question is hypothetical. Hypothetical questions do not have definitive answers. Only massless particles such as photons can go at the speed of light. As a massive object approaches the speed of light the amount of energy needed to accelerate it further increases so that an infinite amount would be needed to reach the speed of light.

If you want to know what happens when you are driving at very nearly the speed of light, an answer can be given. Within your car you observe no unusual effects. You can look at yourself in your mirror which is moving with the car and you will look the same as usual. Looking out of the window is a different matter. The light from your headlights will always go at the speed of light in your reference frame. It will strike any object in its path and be reflected back. Everything else will be coming towards you at nearly the speed of light, so the light reflected from it will be Doppler shifted to very high frequencies—towards the ultraviolet or beyond. If you have a suitable camera you could take a snapshot. The objects passing are contracted in length but because of the different times of passage for the light and effects of aberration, the snapshot will show the objects you pass as rotated.

Dmw

Dude was that you holding the sign in Los Alamos that read "will work for physics answer"? Sounds like your on it. I'm smart enough to ask the question but not enough to answer it. Sometime we should converse about reality being a hologram projected from the edge of the universe.

Don

Dmw

Dude was that you holding the sign in Los Alamos that read "will work for physics answer"? Sounds like your on it. I'm smart enough to ask the question but not enough to answer it. Sometime we should converse about reality being a hologram projected from the edge of the universe.

Don

No I work at the other laboratory that actually gets things done correctly. And we are all living in a locker in an intergalactic bus station.

Yeah but if ya hit your fricking brakes when driving that fast your tailights will come through the car and kill you.

Lungs

We are assuming that the speed of light is constant under all circumstances and some scientists believe it is not. And since all mass consists mostly of space at the atomic level, the form of our car and body might also be changed. Everything is frequency so we ourselves might just become light at the speed and all would be well. Unless you hit a deer.

Yes, but consider this....

If you want to know what happens when you are driving at very nearly the speed of light, an answer can be given. Within your car you observe no unusual effects. You can look at yourself in your mirror which is moving with the car and you will look the same as usual. Looking out of the window is a different matter. The light from your headlights will always go at the speed of light in your reference frame. It will strike any object in its path and be reflected back. Everything else will be coming towards you at nearly the speed of light, so the light reflected from it will be Doppler shifted to very high frequencies—towards the ultraviolet or beyond. If you have a suitable camera you could take a snapshot. The objects passing are contracted in length but because of the different times of passage for the light and effects of aberration, the snapshot will show the objects you pass as rotated.
And.....OK.....who gets the deer....me or the dog??? So....I am reinforcing what DMW has mentioned.....I think??

Latest posts

Back