TorqueFest Pics!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
Amazing turn out of Rods, Customs, and RATS! Well put together and organized show (from my view). I think the bad storm the previous night caused some problems with usable areas and the track didn't dry out enough to use until 4pm, BUT they adjusted as best they could.

http://s527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/SamFear/TorqueFest2010/?start=0

My 3 favorites:
IMGP7032.jpg

IMGP6917.jpg

IMGP7003.jpg

Super coverage, thanks Sam Fear. I would have trouble picking a favorite although the same three you picked tickled my fancy in a big way.

Super coverage, thanks Sam Fear. I would have trouble picking a favorite although the same three you picked tickled my fancy in a big way.

When I was taking 5 pics of the same car every time I walked past it, I eventually figured out I REALLY liked it! :D That 31(?) coupe with the hemi I probably took 40+ pictures of!

I took about 1,000 overall, but chopped it down to 336 good ones. There were also a lot of great looking cars I didn't get pics of - looking back I notice I gravitate toward the rougher looking stuff.

BTW The mud was on the cars already from the night before.

Also met RRR member Ol Blue - had a good chat. I thought I knew the truck, but the RRR medal on his dash was a dead giveaway. Never did catch up to an Oliver though. ... or the guy with the diesel Jeep (forget his name at the moment).

Talked to tons of people as well. Have no clue if they were on here or not. The event was great. To bad we missed each other. I assume you meany my Willy's which is also labled "Jeep Truck" inside.

Sucks I did not get to run it on the track. I volenteered for 3 hours and right after that Dennis Gage filmed a segment on my truck. During that time was the driver meeting and insurance forms. Wish I could of done both but will be neat to see the Willys on TV. Will not be out until March 2011.

BSW

BS&W - well, I saw you! Uh, yeah....Willys... that's what I meant to say. :eek: I recognized that truck, just couldn't place the name. I was about to come up to talk to you, but Dennis was heading your way too. Right when you had to start your shift working! That's great it'll be on the show!

I just spent a very entertaining half hour looking at your pics. One of my Wed. lunch buddies was there with his hemi-powered A Pickup with the unusual cut on the doors. He recently joined RRR.

Thanks for all the fine photos.

It was great talking to you in person, Sam. Glad you noticed the RRR tag. I got out on the track about 6:00 PM and had some great fun dirt trackin.[cl
I wondered if the diesel Willys was BS&W when I saw the liscense plate said WHISKEY. I didn't get a chance to talk to him to find out.

It was great talking to you in person, Sam. Glad you noticed the RRR tag. I got out on the track about 6:00 PM and had some great fun dirt trackin.[cl

Same to ya Blue, always good to put a face to a name. Great that you got to hit the track. We split about 5:30.

I saw a tag for car #322, so I'm sure there were 400+ in the show, plus probably another 50+ VIP's, plus the cycles, plus the model show.

Those three favorites are just awesome, thanks for posting all those pics,we just don't have shows like that up here and I would really like to look at all those cars in person.

I just looked through your album and saw you got a pic of my air cleaner and thought I should add that the shark teeth on it were inspired by the scoop on Gastrick's Anglia Ute.

Latest posts

Back