Tried a new way to bleed brakes!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I hate bleeding brakes so I started looking at different ways to do the dirty deed & found one that worked really well!

I filled the bowls up & used a big syringe I had laying around for giving farm animals medicine! I put a self bleeding catchment container on the wheel bleeder, opened the bleeder up, filled the syringe up & squirted it down the hole in each bowl 4 times making sure fluid was going through the lines & coming out, then moved to the next closest wheel. This did the trick fast & easy. One person job & now I have a hard pedal & great brakes! Mrs Tripper had always been my partner in crime & she has happy she got to skip all that this time!

I don't know if any of you have used this method & maybe I'm late to the game but I was happy & pretty impressed!

BoB

I was having a tough time bleeding my Wife’s Mustang brakes and brought it to the local shop. They had a system where they replaced the master cylinder cap with one that has an air fitting. Same principal you are using. I will try that next time. I have a Harbor Freight self bleeder that works about 75% of the time. Our Suzuki Samurai has a “pocket” in the rear line near the prop valve and even doing it the old pump brake method doesn’t always work. The HF works and I would bet your way would too. Jim

I've been doing the syringe deal for a several years to bleed the master cylinder but, I wasn't opening the wheel bleeders to get those bled too.

I was having a tough time bleeding my Wife’s Mustang brakes and brought it to the local shop. They had a system where they replaced the master cylinder cap with one that has an air fitting. Same principal you are using. I will try that next time. I have a Harbor Freight self bleeder that works about 75% of the time. Our Suzuki Samurai has a “pocket” in the rear line near the prop valve and even doing it the old pump brake method doesn’t always work. The HF works and I would bet your way would too. Jim

I used a HF self bleeder for this!

BoB

I've gravity bled several. Works best if you raise the master cylinder end of the car up higher than the back. Open the right rear bleeder and wait until you get a solid stream, close and go to left rear, repeat, then right front then left front. Sometimes you still need to do the pump method if they still feel spongy.

I've gravity bled several. Works best if you raise the master cylinder end of the car up higher than the back. Open the right rear bleeder and wait until you get a solid stream, close and go to left rear, repeat, then right front then left front. Sometimes you still need to do the pump method if they still feel spongy.

I have done this a couple times too. I figured it would at least give it a good start to a normal bleed. Jim

Latest posts

Back