Troysters 39 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Its looking good! A trick I found if you have a spot "oil canning" on you is to apply pressure to keep it where you want it then strike a weld in the middle to heat it up this will expand the metal and stiffen it back up so it stops sucking the dent back in.

Thanks for the tip. I will try that when I get back to there. Im working on the rocker panels and cab corners at the moment. Will post some pictures when I get done with one side so I will have some before and afters.

Thanks for asking. I do need to get back to work on it. Have been working some extra hours lately and a lot more coming in the next few weeks. Part of the routine this time of year. The week before last the family and I were also gone to Florida for vacation. We saw the worlds most famous mouse, "RAT", and all his friends. It was our first visit and I must say it is an amazing place. We had a great time!

Here are a couple of pictures from the start of the drivers side. Since the bottom of the cab was in such bad shape I decided to raise the rocker panels and cab bottom 2". Should add a lot to the overall lowered look. After getting the center piece straightened out I made a new piece for the front. So far so good.

Attachments

• Rocker Panel Raising - Copy.JPG
    Rocker Panel Raising - Copy.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Rocker Panel Raising-4 - Copy.JPG
    Rocker Panel Raising-4 - Copy.JPG
    148.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DS Rocker.JPG
    DS Rocker.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 33
Work has finally slowed some and the holidays are over. Got the drivers side finished up today. Now to start on the passenger side and try to make it match.

Attachments

• DS Rocker 1.JPG
    DS Rocker 1.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 014 - Copy.JPG
    014 - Copy.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 023 - Copy.JPG
    023 - Copy.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back