ture or false. new chevy diesels have exhaust fluid

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do new chevy trucks have ehaust fluid

• true

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • false

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
Just like the title says. true or false. Sometimes I just amuse myself!

ahw! spoiler! I am a GM tech and just thought it would amuse some people

Fords too. It will be some sort of urea injection.
The diesels have lost a lot of appeal to me. 100-150,000 miles and a Dodge needs a set of injectors that cost $11,000, can't leave it idle and it won't warm up until you drive it.

True. But once you drive a 7K lbs truck that knocks down 15mpg towing and can blow away many cars on the road empty, you start to apreciate the new technology a little more. Local boneyard has a 1 motor duramax coplete for $3k. I think it would be insane in a light weight rat truck like a 50 GMC or a 38 chevy.

Diesels fine but I don't like the new ones as well. A 2010 won't knock down the milage a 2000 would. I took a friends 98 Dodge on a road trip. the last 12 valve. He put a 6 speed in and had the torque fuel plate mod. The truck would get 19-20 and I can't imagine you would ever need more power than that pickup had. My sister's 08 gets 15-16 at best.
I don't have much experience with the duramax, not too many of them around here. My brother had an 04. It ran fine but the clutch/transmission/transfercase was always giving problems after 100,000.
I'd like to do a 4BT build.

The new dodge trucks can enable the truck from starting if you run out of exhaust fluid. It will give you warnings of being low and then it will just not start untill you fill it.

true or false

one could do like i did. use the older models which are real trucks. 97 5.9 in 82 1/2 ton. 18 mi. per. gal. 0 to 60 5.1 secs. 1/8 mi. low 8s and a blast to drive. no real headaches with emissions.

true but older non computer controlled GM diesels are 6.2 or 6.5 Non turbo boat anchors. Big heavy and slow. I guess they work for what they intended them to do but just not much potential for upgrades. I am not familiar with the cummins that much but they started the whole hot rod diesel trend.

Fords too. It will be some sort of urea injection.
The diesels have lost a lot of appeal to me. 100-150,000 miles and a Dodge needs a set of injectors that cost $11,000, can't leave it idle and it won't warm up until you drive it.

Did they were out because of them running at a way higher than intended duty cycle due to being chipped or just normally? Just curious.

also.. $11,000 ?? WTF Had a friend have some relaced on a old Duramax(due to having it chipped for so long) and they were a little over $500 each. No where near $11,000. Thats crazy!

I'm still waiting for them all to come out with 1/2 ton diesels. GM and Ford both shelved them when rough times hit. Plenty of towing capacity for me and mileage in the 20's! [cl

Latest posts

Back