Upcoming picks

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I got some good leads and a deal or two in the making this week.
First off, 100 miles each way, a guy has a Desoto he wants gone or it's going to the crusher. All I know at this point is that it has big fins. Also there is a car in the barn but he don't know what it is. I WILL remember the camera and am going with the trailer in tow.

Second is 2 (maybe 3) Ford trucks. I looked at them several years ago but he was too high. Price has came down and I cut a deal on a 37 and a 41, farm type trucks. They are both real straight and the 37 even has a Ford script stake bed. They were running when parked. He also has a Ford cab over wrecker. Says it's a 45 which would make it military but it looks like a 40-41 (which all the cab overs did through 47 I think) I'll look it over better and see if he can come up with a title on it. He also has a real cool tractor made from a 20s Chevy 4 banger, remains of a 30-31 Ford 2 door sedan and a few other things.
Anyway, I have to finish the gig I'm on so I won't get to those for a couple weeks.

Here are a couple pictures, can't find one of the 41

100_0447.jpg

100_0454.jpg

100_0446.jpg

100_0457.jpg

I want to know what you got to do to be able to find all this stuff!! You make some sort of a deal with........ [ddd ?

Haha!! You forget that I'm a real tin magnet.:D:D

I just have connections with a lot of country folks and always ask if there is any old tin or if their neighbors have any, plus I have other people watching for me too like veterinarians and brand inspectors, people who get out on ranches.
I could spend the next year dragging home all the old cars I have scouted out.

I'd kinda like to keep the 37 for a rat truck project. I can get a whole wide 5 chassis for $150 that's real nice. It was made into a haywagon decades ago. And I have enough stuff to piece together a bed. All I would need is front fenders and running boards for a pickup.
But, I'll probably flip it if I can make some $$$, I have too many projects right now.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back