valve covers

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shockley_67

these old Cal Custom valve covers were givin to a coworker that is building a 68 nova. he is lookin for a different style and asked if i wanted them, i loved the style so i grabbed them up.
my question is what to do about not having breather holes in them? i know i will need to find an intake with the fill tube.

Attachments

• 2012-05-12_14.12.14.jpg
    2012-05-12_14.12.14.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 31
early 60's chevys before PCV had an oil filler tube coming up out of the front of the intake manifold. Sometimes the filler cap was a vent. Also they used to vent the crankcase out of the rear of the intake with a tube that turned a 180 and went down beside the bell housing and just spewd it on towrds ground.

Most of the older Edelbrock intakes had the fill tube or at least a place to put one. Some of the new Edelbrocks still have a flat spot that can be drilled.
Or you can send me those they will good on a 62 327.

Offenhauser makes bolt on breathers. The will attach to the side and you will need to cut and drill holes. They are available from Summit, Jegs, or Speedway.

Attachments

• picture1301.jpg
    picture1301.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 22
my old cal customs have the breather and pvc holes. i would use the bolt on breathers like in the picture, we ran some like that on our old drag car.

Latest posts

Back