Vega Box

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep can be done. You will have to remove end cap and machine a hole in it for the seal and shaft. then get a frost plug for the other end. Works good, I did it for my truck

Lightspeed Mike

Thanks Mike - I never heard of anyone doing it before, but rodders like you make it happen! Would you have any photos, or drawings of this vega box? I did see a guy with a 29 roadster that used a bellcrank system to reverse the wrong way rotation - pretty interesting, but I would rather reverse the vega box.

This is the only picture I have right now of the reversed vega box. Wasn't hard to do. I didn't bother with pictures when I did it, would have taken to long. I think I only spend an hour or so doing it.
If your going to reverse your box make sure you can set the back lash properly when you reassemble. Not enough and it's sloppy, to much and it will bind.
I did see another car with a vega box not reversed. The box was hung upside down in a cage, the cage welded to the frame. The box was installed from the open back side.
Lightspeed Mike

Attachments

• frontsus6.jpg
    frontsus6.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 67
Sounds straight forward, just have to get the hole placement correct and hole size correct. I have never adjusted a vega box, so would have to check out a repair manual. Thanks for the photo and info Mike!

Latest posts

Back