weird flying machines

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrecker55

wow, was a strange last few weeks here. Not much air traffic here, just the jets approaching Phoenix 90 miles south, but 2 weeks ago today i heard the distinctive sound of a WWII fighter, looked up to see a P-51 about 1500ft heading toward town, 2 days ago my shop was rumbling so bad thought it was coming down, 3 Apache helos fully armed went cruzin over at about 1000ft, now today I hear a new sound, wholly s***, B-17 flying by.Don't know bout you guys but I love them ol warbirds :D :D

Hey 55 I noticed some of you guys are into old planes. I live 3 miles from the Waco museum and air field. When they have there anual fly in and show I'll
go up and take some pics to post. Might even pay for a ride. Always wanted to fly in a biplane. There pretty cool. Don

wow, was a strange last few weeks here. Not much air traffic here, just the jets approaching Phoenix 90 miles south, but 2 weeks ago today i heard the distinctive sound of a WWII fighter, looked up to see a P-51 about 1500ft heading toward town, 2 days ago my shop was rumbling so bad thought it was coming down, 3 Apache helos fully armed went cruzin over at about 1000ft, now today I hear a new sound, wholly s***, B-17 flying by.Don't know bout you guys but I love them ol warbirds :D :D

that happened here last week i live about 5 miles from the airport,, i am also into wwII planes corsair are my favorite!!! by the time i figured out what was going on it was over!

Only got to see a glimpse of a P-51 flying by oince, never a 17. In Alaska there are so many airplanes that there was always something and being maybe 50 miles from an air base I got to see lots of low level mauevers and always the AWACs.
P-51 is my all time fav. If I was a young man I would do what ever it took to get ahold of the stick on one. Nothing like the sound of a Merlin.

I work outside right next to the Davenport muni airport. There is a military CH-47 Chinook maintenance/repair hangar there too. Those things usually buzz me a few times a week - not enough to get rotor wash, but close enough for me. Always neat stuff flying around when the air show is on. Always get the best show for the Blue Angels when they practice.

I love all those old warbirds. But there is something to say about the design of a P-51. It just looks, RIGHT. There are few designs that are that timeless. A Colt 1911 .45 is another.

Latest posts

Back