What are your plans for 2013?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1...To stay off the friggin computer...waste too much time on here
2...Lose weight...Staying off the friggin computer will help that
3...Get some stuff done around the house....again, the friggin computer

Happy new year

1. Recoup from knee replacement

2. Get back on the dodge build.

3. Reconize and Count my blessings. There are so many people in trouble
Now days.

4. Stand up and be a better person. Life is so short, we need to enjoy it while
We can.

Today I started working on part of my New Year's "Resolutions," the one about wanting to go back to work. I made some phone calls to old friends and got some promising feedback. I may go just part time to start, and that is ok with me. It will be back in the marine business, and it looks like boating is recovering a little, so the timing might be right.

We'll see how it goes. :D I will miss my afternoon nap with my two furry buddies though. I haven't broken the news to them yet.

luckysleeping004-1.jpg

Don

Last edited:
Here's some of my hot rod related plans.
1. Attend Torquefest and the Meltdown Drags.
2. Drag race more.
3. Dial in the slant 6 dragster.
4. Put a Powerglide in the Crosley and get into the 10's.
5. Put heads and a bigger sway bar on the Plymmie truck.
6. Enter the Fiat in the GSTA indoor car show this spring.
7. Sell one car.
8. Complete the Reo enough to drive it.
9. Buy a '66 Land Rover I have spotted in a salvage yard. (winter project)
10. Collect parts for the other 4 pending projects.

And in my spare time...

1. Lose some weight with my little buddy Bentley (he is a rescue dog..dont know what he is)
  2. Make more time for him and Mercedes (Shih Tzu)
  3. Fix and sell this old house
  4. Buy new home with land for a shop or have a shop already
  5. Get my 65 GMC in running order for safe driving hopefully in primer
  6. Finally start to build on my IH Rat rod
  7. And possibly think about scratch starting a hot/rat rod I have in my head

Mercedes is my garage buddy she likes to run at and growl at the garage door opening.

Attachments

• Bentley.jpg
    Bentley.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Mercedes.jpg
    Mercedes.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
I promised the wife to try and put up with her for another year,#30 and get the Camaro DONE. I have a LSR car to build for my daughter and a new parts chaser to big block. Only four more years and I can work in the garage full time. I have new fur babies to take care of too.

Attachments

• IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 8
Lets see....hmmmm....2013????

I am about waist deep in a 1947 CJ2A (Willys Jeep) rebuild....shooting for May 2013 to have it done (driveable at least)...get back to work on my 1952/53 Chevy rat rod truck (see avatar)....

Save as much money as I can...trying to figure out how to purchase another house out in the sticks to be closer to my kids...

Try to live an entire year without racing (sold all my junk last fall).

Only God knows for sure....

MikeC

I'd love to lose some weight, but I've been saying that for years.
I want to get some bills paid off (that I have been getting done ...slowly.)
BUT....
The one thing I WILL do this year is to have one of my toys on the road to enjoy

Try to keep healthy ,and get the engine running on the 26, getting close :)

I'm currently in the planning stage of a new build that I will be starting soon! [cl[cl[cl
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

I'll be building this for my daughter and her husband.........

Wildercover_zps958d0fe7.jpg

Wilderelevations_zpsee225c1f.jpg

Unlike the Willys this one will NOT go on for thirty years :eek:............it will have to be finished in twelve months. :D

Maybe I'll do a "build thread" here in the BS section. :p

Finish my frustrating, drawn out, pain in the ass Garage project. Been at it for almost a year.
Multiple setbacks: code issues, money issues, long hours at work, the weather, etc etc etc have all gotten in the way of progress.
Its January again, snowing and freakin cold. Concrete, 4 walls and roof is as far as Ive gotten in the last 10 months.
Joined RRR in Dec of 2011 with intentions of getting my 58 Dodge Pu on the road. Became painfully obvious working in the driveway wasnt a good idea. Between pets, neighbors, the wife, and code enforcement, outside wasnt happening. So I bit the bullet and got a pad poured for a big enough shop to tinker in.
So, for 2013 I WILL GET IT FINISHED! Sometime in early Spring is the plan.

On another note, the 58 Dodge Pu (and a few other yard art vehicles as well) has been sold. Code enforcement was seriously up my rear and it made sense to liquidate extra crap for shop materials. I do have another recently purchased project in mind. I have included a photo of the 60's Willys Pu I plan to build. I got just the cab and front clip for $250 and stashed them INSIDE the unfinished garage, out of sight of nosy folks. A build thread with plenty of photos soon to follow. Heres to a PRODUCTIVE 2013.

Attachments

• The new willys metal.jpg
    The new willys metal.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 7
1- Like many, eat better and try to lose some weight
2 - Get our old house sold that weve rented to family and friend. Big mistakes
3- Get our current house repaired from water damage
4- Get my truck repaired or replaced from being rear ended
5- Prey for better luck. I dont like fighting with insurance people
6- Get my old Valiant painted. Wish that could be first on my list

Going to Usa for the first time ever (really excited about that),going to Vegas first getting married while i am there then renting a car and going on a 10 day drive ,i will be hunting for some old junk yards to look around and hopefully get to see some drag racing ,it looks like we will be going to LA then up the west coast a bit then loop back around to Vegas, going from the 12th July (if anyone knows of anything of interest around that time in that area) ,this and drag racing my car is my only plans as its going to take ALL my money.

Latest posts

Back