What do you say???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathTrap

So I took my car to it's first show two weeks ago and these older guys with $50K cars would all say "It will sure be nice when it is done". Thing is...it's pretty much done, black primer body, glossy red grill and headlights. So when they would say that I would just smile and nod. I have another show coming up at the end of July and I need a nice but sarcastic response! What does everyone else say when this happens?

Attachments

• 31_Chevy_Show.jpg
    31_Chevy_Show.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 60
Well, I'm an older guy with rat rods. I get the same comments a lot. Thought about getting a license plate that says, "IT'S DONE". My usual comment is, "I think I'll leave it like this for a while". That way I don't get into any debates with the guys looking at the car.

By the way, when are you going to finish it? What shade of red will it be?:D:D

Last edited:
"Pretty much done?" Hey, I'd say it's over-done...don't see any rust holes or welding seams!!:D

Where is the rust? Just kidding, that's a really cool looking car & those guys are just jealous you're downing a cold one while they're polishing and wiping down everything on their rides! :eek:

Beercan

Rainman's reply is close to what I was thinking.

"What a coincidence, I was thinking the same thing about you car!"

And if you can say it like you mean it, and sound surprised at this 'coincidence', you've got him. He'll either 'eat crow', or come off looking like bigger jacka@@ than he really is!! Sniper

"You never finish a true hot rod."
"Eh, I'll have more fun driving it than polishing it."
"Yeah, I still want to get a set of 22's for it and a ground effects light kit!"
Innocently ask "What's not done about it?"

What color you gonna paint it? "I'm thinking maybe a flat black."

Just say..."I'm kind of holding off to see if billet wheels, tilt columns, and Easter egg paint jobs come back in style".

Last edited:
I had a guy stop at the shop just a few days ago, he was lookin at my 38 ford pu. he asked me when I was going to finish the body work and paint it. he also asked where I got the light green primer.....lol.... I just did'nt have the heart to tell him what a dumb ass he was and that that was indeed the color (1920 army green). when he left the shop my partner and I rolled around on the floor for a spell....lol

never argue with a dumb ass, they will drag you to their level and kick your ass with experiance !!!!!

Sly

Time out doll" ha , now thats funny S--t,, ha, ha ha......ROFLMAO I gotta order one for my wife....LOL every time she looks at my rod shop visa bill, Now Honey, go get your time out doll...............HA,HA,HA I gotta stop.

Latest posts

Back