who's ready for $4.00 a gal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roosters_rat_rods

how much are you going to drive your hot rod when its $4.00 a gal this summer???:confused: i am making changes already at $3.25 a gal..:(my 40 pickup will have a fuel pinching 6 cyl in it...:rolleyes: rooster

we will pay no matter what it costs :mad::mad::mad: my fa-tass isnt gonna stop driving, and pedal a bike :rolleyes: . guess i just need to make more money

Last edited:
I better get busy!!!

Well... if gas is goin' to $4... I better get out there & start burnin' up as much $3 gas as I can!!! ; - >

BoB

Tell you what is sad, the regular grade gas we are buying now is horrible compared to what it once was. My Ltd has one of those in dash computers that tells you your gas milage at all times. When cruising along at 50 I always got about 23-25 mpg. I started to notice my milage was dropping into the 16-18 mpg range, so I did a tune up. Stayed the same. I filled up my tank with regular and got 151 miles out of a 15 gallon tank........10 mpg. :eek:

Last fillup ( my tank was empty again) , I put premium in it . Not only is the car running better, but my dash monitor now reads 27-28 mpg at 50 mph!! To confirm that the car is getting better milage, I put on 160 miles since the last fillup and the gauge just came off of half a tank.

So not only are they gouging us pricewise, the quality has to be dropping too. My Ltd also was starting to ping, which it never did on regular. D*** oil companies and the Elected Officials who are getting their pockets lined. :mad::mad:

Don

No way!!!

D*** oil companies and the Elected Officials who are getting their pockets lined. :mad::mad:

Don,
What r u talkin' about. The oil companies are barely even turning a profit these daze & I know our politicians would *never* accept a bribe!!! ; - >

BoB

In the mid-70's I did some work in Ireland. Paid about $6.00/gal. then. I've been expecting our gas prices to reach European levels all these years.

In the late 50's, when I was a teen making a buck an hour I was paying about 30 cents/gal. Now at $3.00/gal a teen would have to make $10.00/hour, which isn't much above minimum wage.

Not disagreeing with comments about politicians and oil companies. Just pointing out Then and Now.

Better get ready for 4$ or more , somebodys gotta pay for all of the govt giveaways. If you go way back in time when gas .25/gal at the pump,the oil companies were paying the Arabs 5$ per barrel. So extending that out at 100$ per barrel we should paying 5$ at the pump. Also there were little or no taxes on that .25 gas. So based on the cost of the raw product today , the oil companies are delivering our gas to us cheaper than before . The oil companies also provide those good paying jobs with benefits that the politicans are fond of saying every one should havemany peoples 401k's and retirement plans are partialy funded by nice dividends from the oil companies. That sword cuts both ways ,lots of people making a decent living working for the oil companies.

I say bring it on. Maybe when it gets to $10 the American public will be ready to tell our oil companys/goverment to go blow themselves. I am not an anarchist by any means but whenever you want to see where the power lies just follow the money stream. Right now it is war and oil that make the most $$ and that is who runs the train. They might let the local politician blow the whistle once in a while but he doesn't get to touch the throttle or the brakes.

Bliss

$4 a gallon...oh what bliss... Iam currently paying $7.81 a gallon :eek: yes SEVEN point EIGHT ONE :eek::eek: is it any wonder I run two little 4 bangers :eek:

As of today I'm paying $4.36 a gallon Canada and it's supposed to go up to $6 this summer

If we nationalized the gas companies and gambling, we could do away with income tax based on their profits. It's time to get rid of the politicians who are owned by the gas companies and quit exporting our oil.

If i were buying a new car

3084thAnnualMotorCarClassic242-vi.jpg

Latest posts

Back