Wife wagon!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those old Ford's are pretty popular around here. If you pass on his offer would you have trouble with interest if you decide to sell down the road?

I get too attached to stuff to sell it haha.

They are very popular right now, but that's not to say in 6 months if the market tanks they're not going to be worth it. The used car market has kind of softened around here a little but not much. So it's hard to say. There seems to be like a money threshold that is keeping vehicles sticking around for sale for a while. Once they hit that number they don't move. There are a couple of these trucks for sale that are way nicer for not a whole heck of a lot more money than I'm getting out of mind but they've been for sale all summer

They can say what ever they want, but money is tight around here at least. Most of the people here are not spending money on much of anything they don't have to have right now. I don't think its so much they don't have the money, but it has the feeling that they are not willing to spend it. Lots of people that are scared right now about what is happening in this country.

Our area has always been the first area to feel a down economy, and is often one of the last to recover, has been for years. Money started getting tight about midway through last year, but this just doesn't feel like the normal kind of slow down. There are a lot of cool, very reasonably priced, projects that are not selling, and more seem to be turning up everyday. If the economy tanks like some are predicting, I believe there are going to be a lot of nice projects coming up for sale, if you have money to spend.

Not trying to tell you what to do with your truck. My point is, if you think you might have to sell the truck to move forward on the new project, and you have someone offering more then you think your truck is worth, you might not get that kind of money out it again it for years to come. I also understand the concern of not being able to find another one in the condition this one is in. Tough spot to be in.

Personally, if I didn't currently need the truck, I would probably sell it, keep 1/2 the funds back to replace it with later, and use the other 1/2 on the new project.

They can say what ever they want, but money is tight around here at least. Most of the people here are not spending money on much of anything they don't have to have right now. I don't think its so much they don't have the money, but it has the feeling that they are not willing to spend it. Lots of people that are scared right now about what is happening in this country.

Our area has always been the first area to feel a down economy, and is often one of the last to recover, has been for years. Money started getting tight about midway through last year, but this just doesn't feel like the normal kind of slow down. There are a lot of cool, very reasonably priced, projects that are not selling, and more seem to be turning up everyday. If the economy tanks like some are predicting, I believe there are going to be a lot of nice projects coming up for sale, if you have money to spend.

Not trying to tell you what to do with your truck. My point is, if you think you might have to sell the truck to move forward on the new project, and you have someone offering more then you think your truck is worth, you might not get that kind of money out it again it for years to come. I also understand the concern of not being able to find another one in the condition this one is in. Tough spot to be in.

Personally, if I didn't currently need the truck, I would probably sell it, keep 1/2 the funds back to replace it with later, and use the other 1/2 on the new project.

This is my thoughts exactly!

I'd be inclined to take the 5k and the 37 Dodge thinking it could either be flipped for more than 2k or built in the future.

Im hoping the little dodge is worth more than the 2gs. It's really solid pickup. I will most likely pull the trigger on the deal

Attachments

• 240_F_2045988_yc89XhL9o7H4aOBzHakYM9ox7I5kYq.jpg
    240_F_2045988_yc89XhL9o7H4aOBzHakYM9ox7I5kYq.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 18

Attachments

• IMG_20231210_094841.jpg
    IMG_20231210_094841.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20231210_094913.jpg
    IMG_20231210_094913.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231210_094903.jpg
    IMG_20231210_094903.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231210_094922.jpg
    IMG_20231210_094922.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20231210_094853.jpg
    IMG_20231210_094853.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 17
That grill is the high dollar part, hard to find a good one. One thing about the Dodge is it has more legroom than a Ford due to the thicker cowl. Wish I had of held on to the one I had.

Guess I was raised if you weren't working you weren't doing something you were supposed to be. Sometimes it's a curse that's for sure.It has gotten better but I still do a lot.

That being said the 4 link showed up for the car tonight

Guess I was raised if you weren't working you weren't doing something you were supposed to be. Sometimes it's a curse that's for sure.It has gotten better but I still do a lot.

That being said the 4 link showed up for the car tonight

Got the frame on the table

Attachments

• IMG_20231220_182410578_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231220_182410578_HDR.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231220_182421958_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20231220_182421958_HDR.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back