Will these coil overs work.?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadRATT

I wish I had the money but I cant afford the REALLY expensive coil overs but I did find these.Wondering if they will work for the rear..EBAY item number 270437457111.Let me know...and thanks :D

2 on each side might work but that would be iffy. It said 700 lbs. I'd say no matter what you are build it will weigh more than 700lbs.

Hmmm...checked with Speedway

Just looked through there catalog and the highest spring rate for there's is 450 pounds...

I think thats 450 lbs per inch of compression. That would be one mighty stiff coil-over. If you're talking 4 inches of travel, that would be 1,800 lbs to fully compress it.

The coils (not coil-overs) I have on the back of mine are 175 lbs per inch. I think an equivalent coil-over would be about 250 b/c you have less travel.

Ok...have or NEED an answer.

I really cant believe I am having a problem with this.Like I said I dont have 330.00 dollars for rear coil over shocks.I have found several ones but I am still wondering if they will work.This set belongs to my brother in law and have never been used.Box says they will fit a 1994 Explorer .

Attachments

• 19710026_mon_58617_main shocks.jpg
    19710026_mon_58617_main shocks.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 20
There is a company called "Lindblad" that offer some inexpensive coil overs that really work well. I have used them in the past and for a no frills car they are perfect and the spring rate that the guess are really close.

Latest posts

Back