wondering what the deal is

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalman

with this guy everybody was talking about, the one who was a vet. and was trying to scam people. Just curious and kind of new here. The way it sounds is that he is a real crook and i guess I'm being nosey

He claimed to be a Viet POW. Several Vets on other web sites got suspicious & ran his info through a military database & found out he never even served in Nam much less being a POW. He was begging for parts on several sites & then was reselling them on other forums. His name and address has been post on several forums.

ISore

So this is a different idiot than the one who was going to build "a hot rod for his Son who is serving in Afghanistan? (the Son who never existed) Unbelievable. :mad::mad:

Don

wow

thats nuts. Two different ones. What the h e double hockey sticks is wrong with some of these people. I cant stand that someone cant get off their butt and work for something or even make an honest attempt to do so

It's nothing new, just moved to the internet. I saw an expose' on tv a few years back. Panhandlers would pretend to be disabled vets, wear the vest. hat filled with pins like so many of them do, and set in a wheelchair. They followed one and he gets to a nice van a few blocks away, hops out of the wheel chair and throws it in the back. When the tv people confronted him, he admitted he was never in the military and not disabled. He made about $60,000 a year working a few hours a day and a few days a week.

I saw a show on 20/20 years ago about a panhandler and when the crew followed him at the end of his "hard" day at work he would walk a few blocks and get into his Mercedes and drove home to his house in suburbia! He was knocking down $40,000 plus and this was years ago! Makes you stop and think about giving doesn't it? I was living in Philadelphia for the past year and when I would come home I passed a young lady walking up to cars that were stopped at the red light. She was dressed fairly nice and clean and wasn't bad looking. I had a serious problem with giving her anything! She was on that corner everyday! The one on here should just be taken out and beaten! (think that's too harsh?)[S .CR:D

Bit of a sidetrack/highjack...

They had exposed a lady in Toronto Canada that was making an estimated $125,000 a year pan handling. Like Willow said few hours a day few days a week. She had a house and such as well, not sure how you can get a mortgage on a wage as such being as the g/f and i both have very gainful employment and they barely wanted to give us enough to buy a couple cardboard fridge boxes.

I really feel bad when I see someone with a sign claiming they are hungry, but I often worry that the $ I give will go for booze. So what I do now is drive to the nearest McDonalds, Wendys, etc and buy a meal and take it back to them. Sometimes they are grateful but every once in a while they still ask for $ instead or give you a look like "thanks a lot!":confused: I don't mind feeding someone in need but won't support their alcohol problem or bank balance.

At least this guy is honest about it.

20040927_why_lie_1.jpg

Don

i offered a meal to someone and was told they could not leave their spot ,I went in and asked inside and was told in the last few hours over 2 dozen meales were bought for this poor hungry low life I offer work now

I hate panhandlers. I see 'em everywhere. Usually the same ones in the same spot several times a week. My usual response is "Do i look like i have any &#@%?!" money?? I have three ex-wives and five kids i'm payin' child support to. How about you give me some money?" Not one of them has ever offered me any money.

There's a sandwich shop in the lobby of the building i work in. The really hunger ones will take you up on an offer of a sandwich. The junkies and alkies just want money. If you're hungry i'll feed you but i will not support your addiction.

if theyre walking up and i know the inevitable is coming i usually try and beat them to it and ask THEM if they have any spare change lmao -- try it sometime -- the reactions are worth it --

ill usually only help out the folks who arent begging -- God knows it wouldnt have been too much longer till i was in their situation with my drinking if i didnt quit... thered been several times walking or sitting downtown that people tried to give me money thinking i was homeless when i was drinkin... glad thats out of the way.

I was at a convenience store a while back and a guy walks up to me and says, I'm out of gas and I'm trying to get back home in whatever state he said he was from, so I gave him 5 bucks and went on my way. 1 week later at another store I see the same guy coming over to me and he starts the same speech he gave me last time. Before he could finish I finished what he was going to say. A look of astonishment came to his face and I said I fell for it once dude, not twice. ...CR

Latest posts

Back